Battery Drain Issue

Prolong

so i did the parasitic draw test and i only get a reading of 0.80ish amps (when set to 10amps) being drawn and ive pulled out all fuses one by one (under hood fuses and interior fuses) and it wont go below that. The battery was recently replaced so its not the battery. And the altanator is good to. So what else can i do? If my truck sits for a few hours (sometimes depending on how much ive driven during the day) it will die and every morning i come out to a dead battery. The only thing i did when this started happening was i installed a center console but i already tore that back out and made sure i had the wires connected right. Also i changed my driver seat from non electrical to electrical but ive unplugged the seat to see if that was the cause and it still wasnt. Any help is appreciated. Also its a 04 silverado.

Also sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes you do get a bad battery and sometimes it could be theft system draining it have had that happen

Well i replaced the battery when it happened and it lasted me 3 full days with out me boosting it so i figured it was good. Ill have to wait to go tomorrow and recheck this new battery. Also how can i disable the theft system?

I would go back and do another draw test, you had to have missed something....

well i know for a fact all pulled out all of the insides ones. the only ones i didnt pull from under the hood was the very top ones that are like square shapes. Ive pulled out all the little fuses and the relays. but i can go back tomorrow and recheck again.

To tell you the truth sometimes aftermarket alarms make the theft system go crazy and my bro had the procedure for the theft system in his truck and I am nowhere near him lol

Hmm alright thanks I'll try and look into this

are you disabling the door latches and dome lights when pulling inside fuses since you have to have doors open?

I have my truck where non of the inside lights come on when you open the door. As for door latches how would i disable those? i didnt even think about those.

open doors and manually "trip" the latches. keep dome lights engaged before you do this, because that way you will know it was done correctly when the lights time out. a proper draw test, in my opinion, you remove all underhood fuses, starting with maxi fuses, then move onto smaller ones as you go. wait a few seconds and watch the meter as you pull each one. if you pull all and there is still a draw you are definitely doing it incorrectly.

open doors and manually "trip" the latches. keep dome lights engaged before you do this, because that way you will know it was done correctly when the lights time out. a proper draw test, in my opinion, you remove all underhood fuses, starting with maxi fuses, then move onto smaller ones as you go. wait a few seconds and watch the meter as you pull each one. if you pull all and there is still a draw you are definitely doing it incorrectly.

Ok. I think i can get a hold of a multimeter now just have to wait till 9 to get it (central time). do i also pull at the tbc batt fuse? ( i think that what it was called)

yes. leave relays alone. start with large fuses. stop and report back when you find the fuse that makes the draw go away. you will be nowhere near done at this point; however you will be done until I can get back to read this. unless someone else chimes in

yes. leave relays alone. start with large fuses. stop and report back when you find the fuse that makes the draw go away. you will be nowhere near done at this point; however you will be done until I can get back to read this. unless someone else chimes in

ok and do i also pull those square ones at the very top?

yes. those are called maxi or j case fuses. pull those first. also a few points i forgot to make. after getting everything set up, make sure to do NOTHING for 20 minutes at least to allow vehicle time to sleep. unhook anything aftermarket first. then start with maxi fuses. If the fuse pulled doe not change, do NOT reinstall until you find the cuplrit, or you run the risk of waking the vehicle up.

also i noticed you are registered as 2wd. are you a cloned sss im guessing? let us know exactly so i can track down the correct schematics.

Yes i'm just a regular 2wd chevy 1500 with a 5.3 in it. I joined this site more activity over here i'm from performancetrucks.net

Edited by Prolong (see edit history)