Battery Drain Issue

Prolong

UPDATE: Replaced the GMOS-04 with the new one - Of course they changed the harnesses so i had to re-wire the entire thing. But 3 days later with all fuses intact the battery seems fine. Looks like this was in fact the issue with my truck Sending the unit back to Metra/Axxess for their feedback.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: Replaced the GMOS-04 with the new one - Of course they changed the harnesses so i had to re-wire the entire thing. But 3 days later with all fuses intact the battery seems fine. Looks like this was in fact the issue with my truck Sending the unit back to Metra/Axxess for their feedback.

so no draw anymore in your case

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the same problem. A buddy of mine who is pretty sharp on that stuff says if you put a volt meter on and test the battery you should see .20 draw or less. Anything more than that something is on. After the computer kills the current I was still getting same thing .20.

So had to go through and check all the electronics I put on and found out it was the MSD box. Even though one wire goes to batt. and they have a remote wire that gets put on a switched lead. It was not working correctly. So to fix the problem I just put a relay in and problem solved.

As far as the guy who had car audio..... I would relay all the amps, DSP's, EQ's...... it just makes sure that the head unit has to be on for that stuff to really draw current no matter what.

i just read that a bad DIC or gauge cluster can do this. ive been having the same issues with my 03, i found two fuses, that when removed, brought the parasitic loss to within spec. i brought to a dealer (tech specified by my tool dealer) for a pcm reprogram, had him look into it, and he didnt even find anything.