Battery Drain Issue

Prolong

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm i still have it plugged in ( still no fuses pulled) i been periodadically been check it and every time its been at .21. so i reopened the door it jumped up a amp or so but shot down to .80 then like 5 secs of staying at .80 it went back down to .21

what else could cause my battery to die overnight then?

BCM- known issue going back to 02-03 sometimes it will not switch off items as programmed sometimes quick fix was to disconnect the battery, and it would reset it self to the factory program. if not, you may need to have the BCM reflashed/replaced...

good luck..

went out and did redid my test this time and it turns out the big maxi fuse "LBEC" is pulling .11 amps and my IPC/DIC fuse is pulling .30 (pulling lbec went from .80 to .67 and pulling the ipc/dic made it from .67 to .38) so can anyone give me a wiring diagram for these two fuses or help me out?

• 3 weeks later...

Prolong, did you ever resolve your power issue? Mine is doing this now also. And Im running a red top battery as well. In my guage cluster I can barely see my battery, brake light and security light on, but they are very dim. I will perform KC's process on Saturday.

• 10 months later...

I still have a similar issue on my 04 Dmax I disconnected both positive leads on batteries and put a test light between batt. positive post and lead.

Then I pulled all maxi, regular fuses and relays in the fuse box along with the in dash fuses and the relays/wiring harness at the base of your left foot and no change at all.I even pulled the radio, speedo, and driver door panel and disconnected the door wiring and my draw is still there.please help its really driving me nuts.04 Dmax 6.6 liter.I will start a desperate thread for this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

I've posted on this several times over the last few years. My truck had the same issue.

Pioneer avh p4000dvd installed for about 4 years without any issues.

Then literally overnight my trucks battery was dead. Replaced battery with an optima red top but then found a 754ma draw.

If I pulled the radio and amp fuses the draw would drop significantly but not go away completely. I figured it was the Bose amp bc I've read about them going bad. I was trying to keep miles off the truck anyway so I never fixed it.

FINALLY got fed up and took it to a car stereo place today.

The culprit in my case is the metra axxess gmos-04 adapter. I got to reading online and it seems this is a pretty common thing with these adapters. I've ordered another and should have it tomorrow to double check but the shop guaranteed this was the issue.

Not saying this is your case but it's worth checking