5 point harness

canadianVRss

Anyone running race seats and harnesses? I don't want to install a harness bar and was wondering if anyone found a way to stay legal without installing one. I was thinking of installing some kind of mount on the rear seat mounts. Any thoughts?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been looking far and wide for a 5point harness. Have yet to find anything worth putting in the ss. Most results were just cheap bucket seats. it would be sweet to find a kit for the factory SS seats, even if i had to dsmantle the seat and do some cutting. I guess itd be a little unneccessary, but itd sure be sweet.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I'd get SS stitched into the seats for sure. With my mods I still only ran a 14.94. She needs to lighten up. I know those stock seats are super heavy. I'm just worried about the proper mounting, or else the track will probably tell me to take a hike when I go through tech next year.

Call corbeau racing seats. They may be able to add our style to there line up or something remotely close. I may tomorrow just for you! Haha

Haha excellent, I'll begin to cut off one of my arms, and possibly a leg as payment :-P jk man, I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. I can get a set of seats and a set of 5 points for around 550 taxes in so I guess that's the bar that has to be matched or beat.

Just an FYI. I would run a cage or roll bar of some sort if you plan on running harnessess on the street. Harnessess arentdesinged for use without a cage in the event of a roll over. Factory belts are, they allow you to be pushed into the center as the roof collapses. Harnesses will hold you straight up and allow the roof to cave in on your head. I found this out researching them for my car. State inspection can fail you for harnesses here.

Yeah like me and him both want to do this, we were talking about getting a harness bar or something, I didn't know about the other stuff you just mentioned.. Could you not technically only use certain straps on the 5 point? At the same time one could argue the racing seat itself will not allow you to be pushed into the center due to the aggresive bolsters a lot of them have? But I guess that ties into the cage comment again...

Maybe i'll just half cage the truck.

I'm no expert by any means but most 5 pt harnessess I've seen have to have the 2 shoulder straps and 2 lap belts in the buckle. Usually you don't have to use the crotch belt unless you want to. And after using one, Ill stick with 4pt harnesses from now on lol

I wanna get the recaro's out of an evo x, they have asswarmers built in.

my buddy has that car and his harness bolts to the backseat on the same stud/bolt as the seat belt buckle

down side really no backseat passangers if that even matters

Think they're going for weight reduction

If you are thinking of weight reduction with these trucks and you are looking at the seat restraint systems to achieve this you need to be doing a different hobby. Point blank.

Seriously? a 5500lb truck with a 5 point harness with bolt ons only?!