5 point harness

canadianVRss

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are thinking of weight reduction with these trucks and you are looking at the seat restraint systems to achieve this you need to be doing a different hobby. Point blank.

Seriously? a 5500lb truck with a 5 point harness with bolt ons only?!

Its for the "ooooh... ahhhhhh" factor. Harnesses just look cool. Haha. Atleast thats why the thought crossed my mind. My truck is a tad more than just bolt ons, and like i said earlier, its unneccessary, but itd be cool to see.

And his weight reduction is in the seats, not the restraint system.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I was shooting for the weight factor but still keeping comfortness such as Evo style seats, heated/reclining etc.... Our seats are super thick but very comfortable. I'm also in the midst of a nasty 408 build and looking to make my mark but all in all it depends on how much you drive also. I use mine maybe once every three weeks if that. Summer of course more.

Keep in mind if you run a 5 point and try to race they will check the cert date. I think they have to be recert'ed every year. Doesn't matter if your et requires one or not if it's the only belt you have then it needs to be up on certification.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Its for the "ooooh... ahhhhhh" factor. Harnesses just look cool. Haha. Atleast thats why the thought crossed my mind. My truck is a tad more than just bolt ons, and like i said earlier, its unneccessary, but itd be cool to see.

And his weight reduction is in the seats, not the restraint system.

These are still 1/2 ton 1500 extended cab trucks. They are not road course Corvettes. If I was at a car show or cruise in and seen a truck like that with a 5 point harness I would laugh till I got home. Even with racing seats. Seriously, racing seats and 5 point harness in a farm truck? lol C'mon man

fastnthefuriousSS.com

These are still 1/2 ton 1500 extended cab trucks. They are not road course Corvettes. If I was at a car show or cruise in and seen a truck like that with a 5 point harness I would laugh till I got home. Even with racing seats. Seriously, racing seats and 5 point harness in a farm truck? lol C'mon man

fastnthefuriousSS.com

We could always plastidip our seats for cool factor. That would be no laughing matter.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Paulpud is looking for some new seats. CanadianVRSS could sell his to Paul and buy racing seats! Haha. I may just go to pepboys and get the racing seat covers! That should make it look faster and lighten it up! Plus they make em in RED! Bonus!!!

Haha fine.. Be a hater. Atleast he doesnt want to make an ISS with a 8inch lift and 4x4!

Oh, and you must be pretty high class if an SSS is your farm truck. Id love to see your DD or track truck.

Last summer my farm truck beat my buddies C5 Z06. I think it needs a 5 point harness. :jester:

But i still think itd be cool to see it done. If you guys follow through with the harness and/or roll cage, be sure to post pics!

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Haha fine.. Be a hater. Atleast he doesnt want to make an ISS with a 8inch lift and 4x4!

Oh, and you must be pretty high class if an SSS is your farm truck. Id love to see your DD or track truck.

Last summer my farm truck beat my buddies C5 Z06. I think it needs a 5 point harness. :jester:

But i still think itd be cool to see it done. If you guys follow through with the harness and/or roll cage, be sure to post pics!

Haha yeah for sure man, I really wanna get it under 5k, guess we'll see how it goes if I can figure something out.

My DD is in my sig and if I had a track truck it sure as hell wouldnt be an SSS.

Also considering the farm truck comment was a figure of speech, I myself gave a couple corvettes a run for their money when I had my SSS. But it still doesnt justify a 5 point harness or anything close. It was a low 12 second truck and 11's at best.

Its almost like a lot of guys that come on here and complain how bad their track times are stock or with minor bolt ons expecting 13 second slips. Dude, you are in a 5500 boat with a 345/385 flywheel rated engine. I relate that to this thread, dude you are in a 1500 extended cab farm truck and you want to put in a harness and cage?

In my opinion if you are gonna have a harness and cage in one of these trucks you better have the go to back it up or prepare to get laughed at.

Sorry for the negativity but things like this just dont make sense to me