5 point harness

canadianVRss

My DD is in my sig and if I had a track truck it sure as hell wouldnt be an SSS.

Also considering the farm truck comment was a figure of speech, I myself gave a couple corvettes a run for their money when I had my SSS. But it still doesnt justify a 5 point harness or anything close. It was a low 12 second truck and 11's at best.

Its almost like a lot of guys that come on here and complain how bad their track times are stock or with minor bolt ons expecting 13 second slips. Dude, you are in a 5500 boat with a 345/385 flywheel rated engine. I relate that to this thread, dude you are in a 1500 extended cab farm truck and you want to put in a harness and cage?

In my opinion if you are gonna have a harness and cage in one of these trucks you better have the go to back it up or prepare to get laughed at.

Sorry for the negativity but things like this just dont make sense to me

I get your point and i understood your sarcasm about the farm truck. Its just not nice to hop onto an SSS forum and compare them to a beat up old 1500. So i had to say something about it. Haha.

And these trucks make fine track trucks. I dont think a truck exists (besides funny cars) that could take Chase's 9second SSS. Just saying... But now that i think about it, im not sure if his truck, as crazy as it was, had a harness. I know it had a cage. Anyway, enough whining. I was just saying itd be cool to see,

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be worse, we could ask what fender vents give the best cooling? Lol it's a random thought is all, the harnesses at least. And there will be go, soon enough. I myself probably won't ever follow through with the harness/race seat. I still think it's a better topic than the endless "what headers/exhaust/tune/sure intake are best" threads.

And these trucks make fine track trucks. I dont think a truck exists (besides funny cars) that could take Chase's 9second SSS. Just saying... But now that i think about it, im not sure if his truck, as crazy as it was, had a harness. I know it had a cage. Anyway, enough whining. I was just saying itd be cool to see,

wow, you're version and my version of a "fine" track truck must me miles apart. I dont consider a 12 second truck a track truck. An ok street truck but def not a track truck.

And im hoping when you said "not a truck exists that is as fast as his" that is just referring to the SSS.

wow, you're version and my version of a "fine" track truck must me miles apart. I dont consider a 12 second truck a track truck. An ok street truck but def not a track truck.

And im hoping when you said "not a truck exists that is as fast as his" that is just referring to the SSS.

Haha obviously. I myself wont be building a 5 second toyota tundra. Those may be you're standards of a "fine track truck", but ill stick with an 11second SSS. That's fast enough for me.

You can use the racing seats with a stock seatbelt, and if I could I would, but our stock seatbelts are built into the seats, so a harness is needed. 2BFAST, if you know anything about racing, then you know less weight is good weight and I know your fairly knowledgeable. If you want to go faster you have to compound your HP OR you can drop weight. Dropping weight just has the bonus of taking it easier on your drive train.

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

You can use the racing seats with a stock seatbelt, and if I could I would, but our stock seatbelts are built into the seats, so a harness is needed. 2BFAST, if you know anything about racing, then you know less weight is good weight and I know your fairly knowledgeable. If you want to go faster you have to compound your HP OR you can drop weight. Dropping weight just has the bonus of taking it easier on your drive train.

You are correct, less weight is good weight for racing. But why are you trying to make an SSS a race truck when it isnt and rice it out to try to make it look like one. If you want a truck to race why didnt you start with a stripped out single cab short bed or S10 instead of a loaded heavy AWD boat of a SSS? That to me is what would make sense.

If you are going to run racing seats and/or harness with from what I see headers and a basic mail order tune is really the only mods you have then you might as well grab some of that plastic loom and plasti dip from vatozone to add to the saga

Again, sorry for being negative but I owned a SSS and I do think of them as specialty trucks. Not something to rice out

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

I believe they're worth modding out! I would much rather have a 11second SSS than a 9 second S10. Just cuz a vehicle is lighter doesnt mean id take it over my SSS. You look so much cooler running the track in an SSS, rather than being one of the hundreds of guys there in an S10. :chevy: I love these trucks! Its been my dream to own one since they came out. I finally got ahold of one and now im upside down in it about 14k, but i dont care. I see myself having this truck for another 15+ years, (if i dont total it, cuz that would frickin suck!). You see guys in their classic 69 camaros etc. and one day that'll be me with the SSS. ill have my truck until it becomes a classic and there are little of them left. I dont understand how you dont see them as anything special. Sure they're heavy and from factory they're nothing but a body kit, AWD, and a bigger V8 from its Z71 brethren, but they're a passion to everyone but you on this forum. So keep your negativityto yourself! :thumbs:

Haha now someone please change the subject back to "5point harnesses" after my post. :smash:

Can't we all just get along sheesh! Haha all are good points. Yes they are trucks cool trucks and we all have different purposes. Me personally lightened seats- yea good idea/ 5-way harness "looks cool show truck" unless your chase. But I can say after towing my buddy's 9 sec terminator I can unhook and kick out an 11's. BOOOYAAAAA with factory seats and a$$ Warmer's on! Hahah and it's no show truck or race truck just a cool truck that sounds good that tows. AND IT'S SPECIAL! To me that is! ?

Edited by KrausMotorSports (see edit history)