Dougs Header Deal

GI.SS

well I found this deal on ebay and figured id pass on to others. They are only 1 3/4 but are ceramic coated and it includes free shipping. And they are Doug's Headers been around forever.... $395 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271137037092?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

im 2wd so i had to jump on it... and i cant really see how they wouldnt? it doesnt come with a y pipe so youd have to figure something out there... unless the collector swings really wide i cant see it hitting the DS. anyone have any pictures of where their longtubes are at in reference to the DS? ( this would be the front DS)

• 3 weeks later...

Yea I got them installed. Headers fit awesome and plug wires were only close on 2 cylinders. A tiny bit of trimming to the boot and they have plenty of clearance. Very nice product! Requires new custom pipes to be bent or have fun modifying your stock ones to work like I did. I'm gonna end up redoing my whole exhaust anyway. The coating is very nice and didn't scratch when installed. I highly recommend them. Keeps them tight and high to the Trans perfect for us dropped guys with little clearance. Pics are In my build thread

• 4 weeks later...

I have these Installed on my 5.3l I've had them on for a while over a year. Not sure if its exact same part # but mine fit on the 4wd Silverado. Fit great. I just edited my stock y pipe. (Pain in the ass) but they run great! Top end power I creases alot. I felt like I lost a little low end grunt. But after ~3k the truck really comes to life. They sound really good. I have these, stock y pipe, cats, and 3" cat back custom mandrel bent exhaust with a 40 series flow master. Sounds awesome. And noticed a gain in horsepower. For 400 it's a steal. After a year. The headers look good, and are still coated with a little fading. But that's to be expected on a daily driver. In snow, rain, dirt, etc. I'd ask if they fit the AWD before buying but pretty sure these are the same ones I bought. Also for us Cali guys, at least on my truck, these were California smog legal. 99-02 I believe these are Cali smog legal. Don't know why only 99-02 but that's what mine said.

Edited by Silverado2469 (see edit history)

guy above stated he had them installed on a 4x4 which would basically be the same as an awd. I really cant see there being an issues with the DS they tucked up tight to my trans.

The headers on my SS started getting cracks where they're welded and started making this annoying tickin noise. Im looking to buy new ones but I dont want to be stuck with these if they dont fit. I need to be 100% sure before I buy; sorry for being picky.