HOME AUDIO + JL AUDIO = :ughdance:

04CHASE

i love bass and the jl audio's w7 and when i saw this a almost sharted(you know when you go to fart and a little bit of $H@t comes out) j/k but i saw this

g213_Group.jpg

and then the Rms followed 3800

Fathom_Group_1.jpg

and the single units

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice, but probably not the best choice for home audio (I should know my company sells and installs high end theater for a living :D )

If you want some serious BASS you need to go w/ the Boston BT1100... I actually shattered a window with a pair of these last month :thumbs: :

BT1100.JPG

They pair up with these bad boys :devil:

BT2.JPG

BT1.JPG

THESE THINGS ROCK! now if I could only afford em..... :(

no one know how good they actually are they arent out yet. this is jl's first attempt in the home audio world so who knows they could be great home subs.I f they sound anything like the w7's in cars im sure they will find a spot in my living room.

no one know how good they actually are they arent out yet. this is jl's first attempt in the home audio world so who knows they could be great home subs.I f they sound anything like the w7's in cars im sure they will find a spot in my living room.

No doubt they're gonna be good... but car audio and home audio are 2 different animals all together. If they're using the same principals for these they use to design the car version the results won't be the optimal setup for a large home theater.... probably good just to pump music on. :ughdance::cool:

One things for sure ... JL makes the most kick ass car audio subs out there! :thumbs:

:withstupid::ughdance:

No doubt they're gonna be good... but car audio and home audio are 2 different animals all together. If they're using the same principals for these they use to design the car version the results won't be the optimal setup for a large home theater.... probably good just to pump music on. :ughdance::cool:

One things for sure ... JL makes the most kick ass car audio subs out there! :thumbs:

these are cool too... the pic is a cutaway of speakercrafts in ceiling unit. if installed right it turns your attic into one HUGE bandpass-like box. good for VERY LOUD bass, bad if your wife is in the next room trying to sleep! :uhoh:

rated at 1000watts... plus they look cool! :thumbs:

BassX-2-with-BB2502.jpg

Speakercraft makes some rock solid stuff. The Boston is pretty crazy too.

but one thing I know about JL, is they do it right the first time. Granted, subwoofer enclosure design is different between car and home, but not drastically. HSU and SVS subwoofers systems use some pretty basic pieces, (look like old' Rockford Fosgate Subs) and have a tremendous following. Having owned W7's, I look forward to JL's contribution. :thumbs:

JL just announced those at CEDIA a couple weeks ago. They will probably be decent but as someone already said, home audio and car audio are two entirely different worlds. I had 2-13W7's in my last vehicle and man was it insane!!! However, when it comes to my home theater, I use Klipsch and Denon. Klipsch announced their new Reference line at CEDIA including their dual 18" sub that is supposed to be comparable to the high end B&W and Krell. Also, Denon debuted their AVR-5805 (the first 10 channel receiver in the industry).

Sorry for the long reply but I love car and home audio!!!! :)

Archived