losing oil

I'm looking for advice or possible diagnosis, I've got an 03 silverado ss awd, all stock besides cai. no internal engine mods however, lately I've been receiving low oil displayed at startup just about the time my oil is due for changing. I can't find leaks nor does it seem to be smoking as if it were burning it. any ideas where to start? no engine codes, seems to be running fine. thanks in advance

My finances escalade did this a couple months ago and ended up being a oil sensor. I don't remember what Chevy called it but they replaced it and it was gone. Hope that steers you in the right direction

id check your oil cooler lines they tend to leak where the pressure fitting is krimped on should be loseing that much from thos line to kick that light on...

how many mile on are on your truck ? ever replace the EGR valve if its pluged up it could cause oil comspution problems

it's not the oil pressure light, it's the actual information display telling me it's low on oil not pressure.. however, it's got 128,xxx miles and I'm not the original owner, so to my knowledge I don't think it has been replaced, I've owned it since about 106,xxx, I will check those lines though

You need to climb under and look around. See if you can find oil coming out of anything. It might be small and blowing across other parts. If you don't find a leak it has to be internal. But I would def look into this. Your sensor is prob fine.

You need to climb under and look around. See if you can find oil coming out of anything. It might be small and blowing across other parts. If you don't find a leak it has to be internal. But I would def look into this. Your sensor is prob fine.

I agree with the idea the sensor is fine, it is reading oil pressure perfectly. I have noticed possibly a little smoke or debris occasionally looking in the mirror at wot, but I have the exhaust dumped by the rear axle and thought maybe it was just blowing dirt up off the street because I don't always see it and its not much.

ever replace the EGR valve if its pluged up it could cause oil comspution problems

LOL 03-06 Silverado's don't have EGR valves.

Also I'll add to this definitely check the oil cooler lines I had to replace mine when I bought my truck they leaked pretty bad. Although I do find it somewhat normal to check the oil between oil changes and add some when it reads a bit low.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

LOL 03-06 Silverado's don't have EGR valves.

Also I'll add to this definitely check the oil cooler lines I had to replace mine when I bought my truck they leaked pretty bad. Although I do find it somewhat normal to check the oil between oil changes and add some when it reads a bit low.

Lol probably why it hasn't been changed, but I've heard these motors aren't stranger to burn some oil but this seems a little much