Ever wonder how many clones have stolen parts.

shawnss

x2

sad part is here in cali it happens more often with any gm vehicles like denali eskys sss hummers tbss ect...... kill switches is the only way u can sleep better at night

X3

Im in Cali and what's said above ^^^ is true.

And around where I live there's tons of trucks so it's easy and profitable for the thiefs to take a truck and sell the parts since theres so many people that'll buy them. And just like there's tons of trucks around here there are tons of SS clones with stolen parts riding around, as well as Denali and escalade parts, there a dime a dozen around here. And kill switchs are the only way to keep the thieves from having yours. They already tried taking mine and if it wasnt for the kill switchs it'd be stripped with some bastard riding around in rcsb with all my parts. Won't happen unless they actually take me out of the truck while driving, but idk maybe they'd have to answer to the ol' .45 first.

Down in Cali myself. And while I don't see many SSS around me. I'm sure it happens. My first car was a 1995 Honda civic. I did a GSR swap, tranny disk brakes, etc. car was sweet. And for a 16 year old I had a lot if money in it. And it got stolen, I was lucky enough that one of the people who stole it. Ended up knowing a friend of mine. And I got it back. Untouched. My buddy would never tell me who ended up taking it. But I was pretty happy to have my baby back. I couldn't imagine losing my truck. It's not an SS yet. But I'm working on it. It sucks that people wont make a living the right way. And work for what they have.

I wonder the same. I have tried to buy all my parts from legit sellers, but you never really know what youre getting. Hopefully none of theparts ive bought came off someones pride and joy that was stolen.

you do have a rear bumper off my pride and joy. but it wasnt stolen you paid for it fair and square. just had to bring it up to think a piece of my truck is out there floating around some where. . :jester:

The closer you live to baltimore the worst it us over my way. Good thing my property is protected by the good lord and a gun. :M16: And my crazy wife and our Big A$$ dogs! People who walk on the side walk quickly jump to the other side EVERY time! And it keeps them away from our toys in the driveway!

Yeah Shawn, makes me sick too. I know I keep repeating myself and joke around a lot but out here in SoCal it's a serious problem. The car clubs/shops in the South L.A. and South Gate area build clones with stolen parts. So scouts find the trucks, thieves steal em and rip em apart within a few hours. It just is what it is here. So I know personally and with my close group of truck friends we absolutely do not buy from CraigsList out of that area. For instance recently when I bought my SS rims I went through a friend who I know and trust that bought them legit from factoryreproductions.com. I do not and will not attend any meets in that area, park in that area or patron anywhere, that simple. It's a serious problem and it seems like you really can't legit own an SS in the LA area without living in fear or falling victim to theft. I rest slightly assured owning a VHO it doesn't have the SS parts yet it does have the go fast parts that the thieves are now stealing as well. I can tell you this, if you were from here, you'd know how and what to avoid. I keep my integrity and avoid any shady deals, buying or selling.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Yeah Shawn, makes me sick too. I know I keep repeating myself and joke around a lot but out here in SoCal it's a serious problem. The car clubs/shops in the South L.A. and South Gate area build clones with stolen parts. So scouts find the trucks, thieves steal em and rip em apart within a few hours. It just is what it is here. So I know personally and with my close group of truck friends we absolutely do not buy from CraigsList out of that area. For instance recently when I bought my SS rims I went through a friend who I know and trust that bought them legit from factoryreproductions.com. I do not and will not attend any meets in that area, park in that area or patron anywhere, that simple. It's a serious problem and it seems like you really can't legit own an SS in the LA area without living in fear or falling victim to theft. I rest slightly assured owning a VHO it doesn't have the SS parts yet it does have the go fast parts that the thieves are now stealing as well. I can tell you this, if you were from here, you'd know how and what to avoid. I keep my integrity and avoid any shady deals, buying or selling.

I don't even like parking in the rich areas

No stolen parts here! I got most of my parts from people on this site, people on the site that buy these truck from salvage auctions and part them out for their own businesses and/or take the parts out of the truck myself. It IS very hard to build these clones, took me over a year to do all the things I've done to mine and I'm STILL not done.

I try to stick with getting my parts from all you guys cause I trust you all more than some random scumbag on CL. Lol don't get me wrong, CL is great but sometimes the descriptions and pics of stuff are a little sketchy.