Won't idle in gear. Help!

ryanneugebauer95

I'm gonna try all that stuff tonight. I'm not sure how the injectors were stored or how long they say up.. We're kinda thinking it's either the injectors are dirty themselves or the harness adapters I got aren't good or something. How do I clean te injectors? Will seafoam work?

The only two things it could be is either the tune or something to do with the injectors. That's the only stuff that is new.. It idled fine before, it wasn't perfect because it was a rough tune but it idled. Now I have no clue what it is. Cleaning the the TB and MAF helped a ton but it didn't fix the surging and it still dies a lot. Just when I pull up to a light and come to a stop it'll just rev up and down and die. The converter doesn't lock up either ill be going 60 and the rpms are at 2500 or more.. So many problems

If the truck ran right before the tune,and not after Im sure its the tune. My buddy still has the same issue, where it stumbles and surges and sometime dies. My wife had the same issue, got the truck re tuned and everything cleared. up.

It's all pointing to the tune now.. I've run seafoam in the tank ad ran it through the vacuum lines and cleaned everything and double checked it all, so it's either the tune or something is wrong with the injectors. I'm not throwing any codes. It threw a MAF code but it was because it got some filter oil on it an I cleaned it again and it's still not right. It's still acting up.

We're gonna do some logs for zippy and he can just email me a new tune. Should've done that first.. Lol but what year was your buddy's 5.3? Cause the newer ones like mine don't have a pcv valve is all in the driver side valve cover. So I don't think it's that.. I'm sure it's just in the tune. Ill let you all know when it's finally figured out!! Hopefully some track times very very soon! What do y'all think it could run? I've been playing around with a few launch techniques and I've figured out how to not make it spin too bad. I clocked one 0-60 at 4.5 seconds with very minimal wheel hop.. Hopefully it'll be a good ET considering before it pulled 0-60 in 5.7...

Well at least this time if it does it again you will know its prob the injectors. If all fails I have a backup tune I could send you to try if you wanted. I run 42lb injectors tho I don't think that would be a big prob tho.

Well at least this time if it does it again you will know its prob the injectors. If all fails I have a backup tune I could send you to try if you wanted. I run 42lb injectors tho I don't think that would be a big prob tho.

injector data has to match with the injectors on the truck he'd have more of a headache if he tried to use your tune