Won't idle in gear. Help!

ryanneugebauer95

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I hit post on accident.. Anyways I thought with some logs it would be perfect this time. Is there anything else y'all think it could be? They keep saying drive it and it will learn but I tried that last time and it didn't change one bit. Any help here guys?

Okay. Do you think it would be better to two foot it or drive it normal and let it die? A friend thinks it's something to do with throttle position sensor or idle air sensor if I even have those lol. It's just like there's too much load on the motor in gear or something.

Oh and mine is idled at 750 but when I put it in gear it drops to about 700 I think

It will idle if I just shift it from park into gear while I'm stopped.. But if I come to a stop it just revs up and down and dies. Every once in a while it will settle and idle after a few revs up and down.. If in turning at low speed and let off the gas it will just die right away. We did the crank relearn, or well I think. I guess there's no way of telling if it worked or not.

Yeah I've talked to him. It has to be mechanical because even with logs it's not right.. And I know zippy is better than that. He's done a truck with the exact same cam I'm running with no problems. I just don't understand how the truck can run so good but won't idle in gear. I'm not even sure what to check anymore. Any ideas on what all I should check?

Zippy sent another update and we loaded it up and it's working pretty perfectly!! It's surged at one light but it never died othe then that the converter is locking perfectly and I'm finally getting the mileage I'm supposed to. Turns out it was all in the tune. Thanks for all the help guys!