new guy with unintentional SS!

bassmaster

hey all, i currently have an 00' sierra ecsb, and have been in the market for a 03-07c ccsb 4x4 5.3 and a bunch of other specifics since April. never really found THE deal i wanted on THE truck i was looking for. but last week i seen a 05 AWD SS with 88k and max loaded listed for 9k, so i figured what the hell, lets see what its like. gave a call, met him a few days later, now just took the 2.5hr drive again this morning to pick er and bring er home!

i wasnt looking for an SS at all, but i couldnt resist the deal (mainly because i was gonna have to be spending 13k+ on ccsb, so i loved the instant savings here loll). my plans for the ccsb were to level, 33 muds, 20x10s, and lotss of little goodies. i had everyything planned out on what i was gonna do. well, now i find myself in an SS. this 'street' type scene is a whole new world for me, so im looking forward to figuring it out

im pretty active over on CustomGM.com with the awesome guys over there, so i know a few things about GM trucks (new to SS's though).

plans here are:

clear heads/markers

polished bowtie

20% tint on fronts (maybe 50% shield later on)

roll on bed liner

roll up bed cover

CREE reverse bulbs

06 front end conversion (either stock hood or reflexxion cowl) eventually

billet antenna (probably black)

interior:

LED convert

Double din nav unit

performance:

airraid jr intake tube

aeroturbine 3030xl muffer

planned on exhaust dump with ccsb, not sure how that'd look with street style

blackbear tune

and thats all i thought of in a few days loll! REAL excited to have a quick, sharp looking DD

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I'm saying! Lol minor minor issues with it. Speedo needs new stepper motor, new alternator (gonna want to upgrade while I'm at it), and the abs pump constantly runs because a MOSFET transistor shorted out, and had two dents on the pass side bed rail.

We could fix it all for less than 600 probably and still make out with a good deal imo

sent from your HTC Rezound

Nice. sound like a great deal to me. Im just glad that on your mod lists you dont have a lift kit going on the SSS. There are a few lifted SS running around and if the driver of the truck post on here he gets stoned to death :devil::nono: Bahahahaha its a street truck. post up some pictures once you can

Nice. sound like a great deal to me. Im just glad that on your mod lists you dont have a lift kit going on the SSS. There are a few lifted SS running around and if the driver of the truck post on here he gets stoned to death :devil::nono: Bahahahaha its a street truck. post up some pictures once you can

Funny you say that.. I thought about a small lift at FIRST.... That idea lasted about 1hr and decided no way lol but here, just took these from my porch for quick hold-ya-overs :jester:

umuhure5.jpg

yde6e6y4.jpg

Welcome to the site. Great deal on that SS. You are going to love it.

If you are having issues with your stepper motor PM Steve (Silverado777), he will hook you up. Or check out his site.

http://www.gmgaugeguy.com/

Awesome! I'll get right on that once I get some of this fgt school work out of the way lol

I won't be putting the ss on the road until I sell my current ecsb, so it may be a couple weeks or more :cry:

hey all, i currently have an 00' sierra ecsb, and have been in the market for a 03-07c ccsb 4x4 5.3 and a bunch of other specifics since April. never really found THE deal i wanted on THE truck i was looking for. but last week i seen a 05 AWD SS with 88k and max loaded listed for 9k, so i figured what the hell, lets see what its like. gave a call, met him a few days later, now just took the 2.5hr drive again this morning to pick er and bring er home!

i wasnt looking for an SS at all, but i couldnt resist the deal (mainly because i was gonna have to be spending 13k+ on ccsb, so i loved the instant savings here loll). my plans for the ccsb were to level, 33 muds, 20x10s, and lotss of little goodies. i had everyything planned out on what i was gonna do. well, now i find myself in an SS. this 'street' type scene is a whole new world for me, so im looking forward to figuring it out

im pretty active over on CustomGM.com with the awesome guys over there, so i know a few things about GM trucks (new to SS's though).

plans here are:

clear heads/markers

polished bowtie

20% tint on fronts (maybe 50% shield later on)

roll on bed liner

roll up bed cover

CREE reverse bulbs

06 front end conversion (either stock hood or reflexxion cowl) eventually

billet antenna (probably black)

interior:

LED convert

Double din nav unit

performance:

airraid jr intake tube

aeroturbine 3030xl muffer

planned on exhaust dump with ccsb, not sure how that'd look with street style

blackbear tune

and thats all i thought of in a few days loll! REAL excited to have a quick, sharp looking DD

One hell of a deal you got. Aren't you on GM-Trucks.com as well?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

sharp looking truck for sure. nice deal. cant beat that. I was looking at a victory Red SS the other day it was listed for $9400.00 and had more miles than this and I thought that was a deal. was thinking of picking it up but cant find it now. :banghead: