De-Contented Silverado SS

Hamur

Thought you guys might like to know - General Motors has started building Silverado SS without bucket seats and BOZE.

The base Silverado SS comes with a bench seat (no "SS" logo in headrest) and no center floor console (so no BOZE sound system).

We actually started building them today.

Good, bad or indifferent????

:confused:

:chevy:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are going to keep the price the same. That's GM for you.

Thank god I got one of the (truly) limited production SSS.

Arrival Blue (only 1103 made for 2003)

Leather Bucket Seats

Bose sound system

I am not looking to sell, but the value better start coming back up.

I have said it before, and I will say it again.....THE SS SHOULD BE THE TOP OF THE LINE TRUCK! Crap like bench seats shouldn't even be an option. I wanted the SS because I knew it was the fanciest damn pickup that Chevy made! In my opinion, all of these extra little touches (like the self folding mirrors, SS in the headrest, and yes, even the Bose) is what makes the SS stand out from other "luxury" trucks. This is just my 2 cents.

I have said it before, and I will say it again.....THE SS SHOULD BE THE TOP OF THE LINE TRUCK!  Crap like bench seats shouldn't even be an option.  I wanted the SS because I knew it was the fanciest damn pickup that Chevy made!  In my opinion, all of these extra little touches (like the self folding mirrors, SS in the headrest, and yes, even the Bose) is what makes the SS stand out from other "luxury" trucks.  This is just my 2 cents.

:withstupid: Whom among GM ate a bowl of dumbass when they thought of that idea :banghead: It could be great for us that own the SS now but that would make the SS like any other normal model (down grades available).

its called $$$ dude, if they can sell bench seats and no console and no bose for the same amount as what you have in your ss's. they put more money in their pockets. its called greed my friends learn to love it. its your friends, no really it is.

I think GM is looking to boost sales this year since a lot more 04 didn't sell as they had predicted. To do this, they are gonna make it a little more available with a chepaer price. Not a move I am in favor in, but to lower costs, and raise profits in hopes of selling more, a good business decision.

Another prime example of where GM's head is.

Right up their @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my most sarcastic voice.............

Let's not make the SSS better, let's downgrade it to basically a pumped up version of a regular Silverado. Hell while they're at it, why not throw in a V-6?

What a joke! You don't see Ford or Dodge DOWNGRADING their best performance truck!

Late- Alex

Guys, I think some of you are missing the point. They are talking about lowering the price. They are doing this because they aren't selling very many SS. They are also doing this because people answering their customer feedback forms are asking for it. They want the cladding, the engine and the drivetrain. They want to put their own interiors in them, they want to put their own sound systems in them--oh much like all of you have. You will still be able to order the buckets & console w/BOZE.

Remember too, it is not a true bench seat. Full GM ext cab trucks don't get a real bench. It is what we call a 40/20/40 split. It is basically two buckets with a 20% seat w/fold down in the middle.

Bottom line is we have to do what the majority of customers ask for and sell the most trucks because that it the business we are in.

As far as a regular cab, there have always been rumblings about it but there is nothing concrete yet. If there is I will let you know.

:chevy:

Archived