De-Contented Silverado SS

Hamur

I think this stinks, too. It's like the Marketing boys at GM just got their jobs yesterday. One thing for sure, it the new loaded SS is around $42K (and GM sticks to that price) then ours, which came loaded, will be have a better resale value. There's almost always a silver lining in everything if you look for it. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine told me that the SS Silverados going thru used car auctions are not holdind their value well at all. Just my opinion; but Gm did not market this truck correctly. I think GM should put in the LS2 engine in the SS, with the option of 2 wheel drive.

A friend of mine told me that the SS Silverados going thru used car auctions are not holdind their value well at all. Just my opinion; but Gm did not market this truck correctly. I think GM should put in the LS2 engine in the SS, with the option of 2 wheel drive.

That is what a smart company would do, if they were paying attention they would see that alot of people would rather have a reg cab and or 2wd version.Instead they put cheap seats in them and a stock radio :shakehead: and lower the price a grand or 2 big whoop!Gm has already lost the full size market to the other big companys out there and in one or two months when the new taco comes out it will be losing the midsize truck battle also :nono:

Good, bad or indifferent????

I am not sure... On the one hand, the way the SS was made in 03 forced me to get a lot of goodies I probably would not have got as seperatly purchased options, but now that I have become used to them, I would probably miss them terribly.

But if the price on goes down significantly, then that might be a good thing, as it would broaden the market some. But it still seems like it would be a high end truck. What they really need to do is an SS package (trim and engine) that could be put on any 1500 truck (reg cabs too :D ) Then you could have it as you like it.

As for the Bench Seats, I might find myself having difficulty deciding between the buckets and the bench. Bench seating is more snuggly with the wife, but the buckets are comfortable, and I would miss the Bose stereo.

Oh well, I guess I don't have to worry about it for another 8-10 years, and who knows what they will be offering then :D

I personally wish they would give you options like they did in the old days. bench/buckets/bose/no bose ok it's a start. I my opinion some people would like to build there own truck. It could be a high hp 2wd base truck or a maxed out luxury ride but it's theirs. For me 350 -400 hp would be nice to start with. Buckets would stay but maybe cloth might be nice. I would like to pick my gear ratio, 342 or 373 would help my gas mileage unless I could pick a 5 speed auto trans or a selectable transfer case in 2wd or awd/4wd w/o low range. I would love to pick things for my vehicles and find myself having less and less options these days.

My thought is putting limitations on customers forces them to find what they want somewhere else. Allowing just one customer to go elsewhere can cost you so much more if they find out they like the competition better.

i've got mixed feelings on this. A part of me doesn't care because I'll have one of the "originals (new breed)" that came out and there fore others wont. The other side of me says, i dont want some 16 yr able to buy a truck that i had to work a little harder for and wait a couple years before I could buy just because GM wants to make extra cash. In the end I guess i dont care, cause I'm happy with my purchase :ughdance:

I was shocked to read this... but it figures. It only makes me glad that I already have my 2003 SS. I like it just the way it came, I would love to have a power sunroof, to stiffen up the roof, and for fresh air, but everything else is perfect. I'm glad it has every option it came with and I use them all and wouldn't have ordered all of them if they didn't come stock. I like the package deal of the LT, but I understand the reasons for others not.

The Dodge SRT 10 has a meaner look and more performance oriented, but it doesn't have the room of the SS. I don't see them stripping it down to sell.

The bean counters at GM should have more faith in their design and engineering team, and quit trying to please every tom dick, and harry that comes along. It's called mass production, not custom.

Again, I'm glad the SS came like it did in the 2003 year model, that way everyone that has one, is in the same league. :chevy:

Archived