Head gasket replacement. Help

Yup been there about 2 weeks ago. Did a L92 head swap, a cam and a pile of other crap and it fired right up. This is a little late but you should save it. I put it under my favorites on my phone so I can use it while I'm sitting in my engine bay. This was posted by another member some time ago. (can't remember who, but thanks mystery man)

http://www.pleasurecraft.com/manuals/L510016.pdf

The info you would've been looking for would be on pages 176-178 for heads 187 for intake manifold 192-193 for exhaust manifolds.

Glad you got er, working on these gen lll gen lV engines is a breeze. Enjoy your new found power, Happy trails!

• 7 months later...

That list needs to be stickied!!! Ohh btw the same thing happened to my truck, same bolt. Only my header bolts kept walking out so a little bit of blue lock tight and 30 ft lbs and its been a week so far with no leaking or walking. I never did anything to the broken bolt just left it alone. Wasn't worth the hassle if I could get it to not leak. Someone might bash me for the lock tight but iV used it on hundreds of jetski and street bike motors with zero issues

I had my header bolt break off closest to the firewall on the driver side as well. Just recessed a little in the head. It has been broken for a while I'm assuming because I found it that way. I am curious if your method worked? Did you just leave the bolt alone, or did you put some gasket sealant in that area? I'd like to know how it turned out because I don't really want to pull the head nor do I wanna haul the truck to an exhaust shop.

iv left mine alone and it hasnt leaked. dont use gasket sealant, it wont work and just make a mess. the correct way would be to pull the head and remove the broken bolt. I picked up a set of heads that I will be running so im not worried about mine as I know they are comming out anyway.

alright cool thanks for all the info guys. I ended up leaving mine for now since I didn't have a leak at first. I just got my ARH installed tonight! sounds pretty badass :D:D No idiot lights on yet. (only driven about 20 miles) Seems to idle too low. (to the point the engine almost dies) however im not tuned yet so maybe thats why. :dunno:

alright cool thanks for all the info guys. I ended up leaving mine for now since I didn't have a leak at first. I just got my ARH installed tonight! sounds pretty badass :D:D No idiot lights on yet. (only driven about 20 miles) Seems to idle too low. (to the point the engine almost dies) however im not tuned yet so maybe thats why. :dunno:

yup, time for a tune!