Royal purple

Aldofashow

Another AMSOIL dealer here. I used to be a M1 only person, until I was turned on to the AMSOIL by some of my racing buddies. I switched in my Trans Am first and the difference was night and day. I tried out RP for a while too, but wasn't impressed with it for the price. Since I switched to AMSOIL in the SSS, I've gained about 2mpg over both the M1 and the RP. I usually use the top of the line Signature Series in the T/A and change it every 3k miles. That's probably overkill though, as it is good for 12 months or 25k miles. I'm currently testing the full interval for the Signature Series in my wife's Civic and am confident it will be fine for the duration. I use the XL in the SSS, which is good for 6 months or 10k miles. I've done the full 6 months one time so far and the oil came out looking prettywell new. As far as the OE, I may switch to it after I'm done doing my own personal testing, because I usually service my stuff every 3k anyway. It's a top quality oil too. One of my customers, who uses it in his Ram 1500 said he gained 3mpg after switching from M1. So far (knock on wood), I've never had one complaint about any their products and all the feedback I get from my people is positive.

All I can give is positive. Like I said before hands down amsoil is better than M1. After changing over in 06 I've never looked back. I haven't tried RP so I can't talk about it.

I'm not gonna bash the Royal Purple either. Some AMSOIL users do. The RP is a good quality oil. With my personal experience, it was comparable to the M1, which is also a good oil. Everyone has their preferences though.

The royal purple blows the Mobil 1 out of the water from my test I honestly don't know why people like the Mobil 1 I thought it sucked its missing 1 1/2 quarts at 3000 miles same motor with the purple only missing 1/2 quart at 3000 I don't like missing oil

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

The royal purple blows the Mobil 1 out of the water from my test I honestly don't know why people like the Mobil 1 I thought it sucked its missing 1 1/2 quarts at 3000 miles same motor with the purple only missing 1/2 quart at 3000 I don't like missing oil

it sounds like you have a underline issue behind your oil comspumtion. not cause by oil brand if your still low on oil after 3000miles im not saying M1 is god ik there is better oil out there ive ran M1 in my SRT8 and SSS and dont loose a drop

I usually buy the royal purple hps off amazon or strait from summitracing. I think I'm going to switch and try the whole amsoil thing. Somehow I got sold on it.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Feel free to get a quote from me on the AMSOIL, if you don't already know someone, or if you don't find a local dealer that you would rather use. I'll get you the cheapest price I can.

Edit: For the Mods. If this post is bending any of the rules about vendors or anything like that, feel free to let me know as I don't want nor mean to step on anyone's toes.

Edited by levilz (see edit history)

3mpg increase just in the brand of oil?! Maybe I should try something different.

I've been using M1 when I change the oil and the stealership puts in whatever they use when I take it in for a checkup...

Over 208,000 miles and change oil somewhere between 3-5k, never low on oil, and average around 16mpg.

I usually buy the royal purple hps off amazon or strait from summitracing. I think I'm going to switch and try the whole amsoil thing. Somehow I got sold on it.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Haha got yeah bro.