Royal purple

Aldofashow

Well after going to 4 stores and about 10 bucks in fuel I finally found some oil. Seems I was the only one buying it and the store that had it told me I was the first one that had even asked about it in the past year. Seems they priced themselves out of at least autozone and advance auto so I guess it's gonna be mail order from now on shipping should be cheaper then gas

I grabbed some sea foam from napa yesterday they are kinda small in my area they don't stock any royal purple products. I like running it I have run Mobil one good stuff I think not 3000 miles I'm down 1 1/2 quarts royal purple at 3000 miles I'm down a little under 1/2 a quart.

It has pros and cons. ZDDP. Here is some info:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_dithiophosphate#section_2

I'm on my phone. Sorry for the mobile site.

Here's another talking about the oil specifically. It has a pretty good discussion both ways and is informative.

http://m.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion/3065055-joe-gibbs-ls30-motor-oil.html?styleid=132

Sorry again for the mobile site. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Edited by Grocery Getter (see edit history)

Man I love it seriously I put it in everything I own. I'm a preferred customer so I get a cut in price. I have it delivered always comes in 3 days. All my buddies here use it. All I tell people is try it. It won't hurt. I did and never used anything else.

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

I also use AMSOIL as I am a dealer. I'm the same way. As I get time, fluids get swapped over. It's awesome. Everybody has there niche though. Some here will say they love Mobil, some Royal Purple, some Rotella. I just find, after extensive research (a lot of reading) I wouldn't use anything else. AMSOIL has oil/lubricant for EVERYTHING. They also offer fuel treatment, engine/trans flush, grease, penetrant oil, 2-stroke oil, marine formulas, almost anything you can think of.

I know I'm not gonna use Mobil one and I love the purple but there getting hard to find as stores are not selling enough to keep it in stock so I found a marine shop that has the amsoil jc was talking about in another post so that's gonna be the next oil change 3000 from now I got lucky today but they pulled it out of a box they were sending back so it's been fun but its good by to the purple stuff

I will be using Amsoil this go around in the SS. I use it in all my power sports stuff just haven't tried it in the SS sense I started using it in my ATV's. A close friend is also a dealer so he sells it to me for cost.