Royal purple

Aldofashow

How much for 6 quarts of synthetic amsoil shipped to 02338

AMSOIL doesn't like its dealers openly advertising their prices, so I sent you a PM.

3mpg increase just in the brand of oil?! Maybe I should try something different.

I've been using M1 when I change the oil and the stealership puts in whatever they use when I take it in for a checkup...

Over 208,000 miles and change oil somewhere between 3-5k, never low on oil, and average around 16mpg.

If you're already getting around 16, you probably won't see a 3mpg increase. That would be awesome though, lol. My guess is you may see one or two. Never know though. I always got low MPG in my truck because of most of my driving being a combination of city driving, mountains and me having somewhat of a lead foot, lol. I averaged around 11 before the AMSOIL and a little over 13 after. Highway mileage when I'm out of the mountains is around 18.

• 2 months later...

So AMSOIL and Royal Purple talk about how adding their oil to other oil makes the other oil better, their test show them pouring RP into a batch of Mobil 1 and the results for the Mobil 1 improve.... so, as a cost savings manuever, could you use 5 qts of Mobil 1, and 1 qt of Royal Purple/AMSOIL to boost performance, while saving some serious cash???

I wouldn't. I'd use all of the same oil. Personally what I've read and heard people say about RP I wouldn't even try it. In the test I seen RP was mid pack at best. I'd use Mobil 1 before RP. But I'll stick with my Amsoil.

oil is oil fellas. they are all full synthetic and all are fine. pick one that tickles ur fancy and run it

thank you... some people think its motor oils are being researched by NASA or something. you literally cannot tell the difference between any of them

thank you... some people think its motor oils are being researched by NASA or something. you literally cannot tell the difference between any of them

You can def tell a difference. There not all the same. Most brands do all come out of the same oil tanker. What additives the companies put in them is the difference. Nobody on this site including myself is an oil expert. Will they all do the job? Yes sir they will. Are there difference in how they do the job? That's also a yes. So like 50 times before on here it's all on what you want. Or how much you wanna spend. All in what floats your boat.

I would like to see some real proof and read testing to see which oil is actually better. Right now all we here are claims where one person says their oil is better than the other. I bet that if a really comprehensive test was done you would not see any major difference between Royal Purple, Mobile 1, and Amsoil.

I just changed my oil with RP, just because I wanted to try it out, The next time I will do mobil 1 and a guarantee you that I wont be able to tell the difference.

You can def tell a difference. There not all the same. Most brands do all come out of the same oil tanker. What additives the companies put in them is the difference. Nobody on this site including myself is an oil expert. Will they all do the job? Yes sir they will. Are there difference in how they do the job? That's also a yes. So like 50 times before on here it's all on what you want. Or how much you wanna spend. All in what floats your boat.

Def appreciate you're dedication for a certain brand but seriously. This is 2013. The technology in oils and parts today is far more superior than it was in 1955 when trying to sell your product as "the best" was the name of the game. And there were a lot out there. I know because I collect antique oil and gas and its crazy some of the ways they promoted their product to sell it and make you think it was better than the rest. There is a reason you can extend an oil change to 8-10k now with full synthetic oils and as most of you are saying you still change it at 3k. So if you are changing it at 3k miles which is way premature no matter what synthetic oil you are using its not gonna be that much difference in the brand if you are worried about engine longevity. Also if you are indeed changing your oil at 3k with full sythetic oil I can promise you you will not have the truck long enough to see it worn out with that practice no matter what brand you use

A wheel is round, and oil is oil.

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

I've had the truck about two months now. The guy I bought it from was using conventional Pennzoil... I changed it today with Royal Purple and the engine seriously is running smoother already.It didnt run rough by any means, but even at a steady idle, shes quiter and smoother... Im sure just switching from conventional to synthetic was a huge part in that...

I can say I do agree with you B. I don't think you gotta change your oil that much. Now engines are made alot better. Like I said I'm not an oil expert but I know we changed my valve springs a couple weeks ago and my heads looked like new inside at 97k.post-21185-0-36814300-1369843973_thumb.jpg no sludge build up they look great.

Thats good that you dont have any sludge build up. Not saying you did, but saying Ames Oil is the reason for no sludge build up wouldnt be accurate or any of the above brands mentioned. Sludge build up is from the oil breaking down and heat. Obviously a synthetic oil isnt going to break down as quick which is one of its many purposes but to seperate it with the brands isnt accurate at all

Royal purple=junk!

See just like I have been saying. Its all personal opinion. For some reason he thinks RP is junk, yet you ask the next person and they will say RP is the best oil ever. It like the whole Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge argument

Unless I can see some definitive proof that one oil is better than the other Im going to keep using the oil I want to use. You guys keep arguing about which is better

I'm not arguing buddy I'm just saying. Like you said it's everyone's opinion. My uncle builds race cars he has his whole life. He's done studies and test on engine oil with certain company's and they found RP to be junk. But they said the diff oil and Trans fluid was great lol. I have no clue what I'm talking about I'm just going from his study and everything else I read.