Transmission Problem

Hey guys got a problem with my transmission. When I drive it normal it shifts fine, but at wide open throttle it won't shift out of 2 gear into 3rd gear unless I let off a little. I have changed the transmission oil and it looked normal. Other then the above problem the problem it shifts fine. By the way my truck is a 2006 ISS 2wd with a 4L65E.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remove the trans, pump, 2/4 band, reverse & input drum assembly pop the snap ring out then inspect the 3/4's. Ill bet they are damn near gone.

I will also bet if you drop the pan you will find heavy clutch material at the bottom

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Alot of time changing the filter and fluid will help the trans act up if its already on its way out.

Changing fluid/filter usually helps a low power concern, not a slip.

Time for the unit to come out and refresh

You can always use the lucas trans slip additive. Its as thick as molasses but it will help out a bit.... It comes in a white bottle at any parts store or Walmart.

This is up to you but you will be wasting money with this route. The money you spend on this can go towards fluid for the rebuilt trans.

The choice is yours

I'm going to AAMCO this week to find out what is up with the transmission to make sure its really the clutches going out on it. Thanks everyone for the help, I just don't want to purchase a new transmission and find out its just a sensor or something little. I know these transmission's aren't cheap to rebuild!!!