Transmission Problem

The slip additive costs less than $10..... its meant for a type of band aid when the trans starts slipping. My dad used the stuff and it his trans stopped slipping and managed to help the trans last a few more months. If he doesnt have the money for a new trans it wont hurt...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing fluid/filter usually helps a low power concern, not a slip.

I have always been told that when a trans starts to slip and if the mileage is higher and or the fluid hasnt been changed, that the actual metal etc in the fluid will actually help give the worn parts friction... I had the exact same thing happen to me, changed the fluid and filter and the trans went with 50 miles of doing the change.

I bought the truck in Charlotte, NC about 2 years ago. It had 77### on it at the time it's got 108550 now, and I don't think the original owner changed anything but the engine oil regularly. So I'm just going to limp it along until it goes out. I am going with a RPM Motorsports stage 4 transmission and a Yank 3 disk converter not sure about the stall yet.

I have the stock tranny cooler put plan on upgrading it while I get my tranny and converter done. I have noticed that the tranny temp did go above 250 once in the mountains of Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennesse. I was towing a car and inclosed trailer. I talked to RPM Motorsports in Garner, North Carolina since I live only 1 hour away. Their stage 4 4L65E is around $1900, the Yank 3 disk converter is like $950, and the install is $350. I didn't think that was too bad on there prices since it will be a performance tranny and converter.