Attempted theft

detjoe

Hey all, wanted to give everyone in MI a heads up but most likely other parts of the country. My sss was almost stolen last night. My wife was out picking up a bday gift, so when she came out of the store so quick she scared them off...to the point where the truck smelled like fart b/c she scared the shit out of them! they left their tools...talk about lucky.

Now I had it towed to the key shop, $125 towing :(

looking at a few more $100's to get it all fixed.

Police story: When she called 911, the officer she spoke with said it was the third SSS that night, in the same parking lot. The other two were not so lucky! He said it seemd like a new operation in the area that was targeting SS ( TBSS too)

So I feel like the street value of our truck is peaking and everyone should be very aware of their patterns. If my wife would have been there for a normal shopping trip that usually lasts an hour, my truck would be gone for sure.

I am not so much pissed but sad that I might need to sell the truck...

First time in the trucks life it has not been in my driveway over night :(

Wow bummer sorry to hear. That's a crappy deal that you might have to sell just so something doesn't happen to your pride and joy. Its a crying shame that people can't leave these trucks alone. I really feel that they should throw the book at people who are caught stealing or get caught with the truck after it was stolen. It would set an example for others. Some guys might think its sad but I would shoot somebody if I caught them in the act of stealing something valuable of mine.

Wow after the attempt on mine, I realized how much these trucks need to be garaged and when you do take them out into the generalized public they are targets.

I am glad you still have your truck, and everyone is okay. After reading thisthread it brings back memories of my attempt.

Wow that blows... At least it did not get stolen though. I keep mine outside (usually covered) but that's not gonna stop anyone...

Maybe i need to figure out how to fit it in my garage... need about an extra foot, foot and a half.

Wow bummer sorry to hear. That's a crappy deal that you might have to sell just so something doesn't happen to your pride and joy. Its a crying shame that people can't leave these trucks alone. I really feel that they should throw the book at people who are caught stealing or get caught with the truck after it was stolen. It would set an example for others. Some guys might think its sad but I would shoot somebody if I caught them in the act of stealing something valuable of mine.

i hear that shot on site quick cure to sticky fingers