New STS Z71 times.

F8L Z71

The track had trouble with timeslip printing so I only have 2 slips but have the other runs on tape.

1st run: 5psi launch and Bogged off the line. 12psi total

60' 2.14

1/8th: 8.52@87mph

1/4: 13.1 @ 106.5mph

2nd run: 7psi launch and 12psi total

60' 1.81

1/8th: 8.00 @ 86.2mph

1/4: 12.62 @ 105.14mph

All other runs were 12.65@106mph with varying 60's. I never got timeslips for all 3 of those runs. I found out that if I don't launch over 6psi the truck bogs as bad as if I just left off idle.

My trans is toast now. On the 2-3 shift it would take WAAY too long to engage and even when it did it felt like it was struggling. On the way home I tried to floor it in high boost and the rpms flashed to 6k then started bouncing off the limiter, it tired it twice before giving up. I wonder if this is hurting my MPH at the track.

I had to end the night early due to my alternator going out and only seeing 12.5v with the truck running So Brandon pulled some strings and let me make a pass with the big boys so I could hightail it home.

great times  :thumbs:  sorry the tranny took a dump, but i guess you were expecting that.

Thx man.. :)

Yeah, I totally expected it. After I started losing mph and ET I knew something was wrong and it just kept getting worse. Ohh well. Stock 4L60Es don't hold up in 3500lb cars so I'd be dumb to expect it to hold up in a 5100lb truck with 500+rwtq. LOL

Those are some awesome times :cheers:

too bad about the tranny. when do we get to see some video of that beast running?

I probably wont have video of last nights runs for a bit because my friend that took them is not very good with digital stuff so I end up with tapes and I have no equipment to change format. :(

Here are a couple vids from last week where I couldn't complete a full pass due to the intake tube blowing off. This is also before the new tune.

Short clip. 8psi launch then 6psi launch

The tube would usually blow somewhere after the 1/8th mile. You can see I am learning how to build boost and launch hehehe

13MB Vid of all my runs.

Yeah, i was talking to Craig last night and he said you for sure were not coming out because of your tranny troubles. :( Big Time grats on the 12.4 man!! It's fun suprising people at the track with our trucks. I had a couple people come up to me and ask if I had seen the 2 12second SS trucks before. LOL You guys are like the dynamic duo! Hahaha

Archived