Questions on 2wd SS's

kyle's v

Just curious what a 2wd SS weighs? Also do the 2wd's have a 14bolt rear? I'm assuming they still have the 4l60 also.

I've been in the market for a RC SS clone for awhile now and missed out on one particular truck TWICE! Still kinda aggrivated on that whole deal. :devil:

Anyways I've thought about just getting an SS instead for the room. My wife always ask why I like RC trucks so much LOL!! If i got one it would be 2wd for sure. For mods maybe- 4l80,dropped 2/4,turbo I'd like a 600rwhp DD is this possible?

like above they are lighter than their AWD counterparts. Theres a lot of speculation on actual weights. I think im gonna have to jump on the scale here soon to really find out. If you have the cloth interior this will make it lighter as well.

Its definitely lighter and dare I say faster in stock form. I like to think that my VHO is even faster with the stock body panels and everything else being the same (motor, tranny) as the 2WD SS. A lot of the time the Firebird Formulas were faster than TAs or WS6 because of the heavier trim packages.