Amplifier/Sub Installation

IdriveGTP

Are you positive everything is hooked up correctly. JUst sounds like your RCA's arent put in correctly if you have power to the amp. Make sure you dont have the RCA's plugged into the output of the amp, make sure they are in the INPUT holes, sounds stupid but it happens. Does the rest of your stereo still work?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think something is wrong with my amp. :mad:

why did it go up in flames? Does your amp heat up at all or have any funny smells? It very well could be your amp, see if you can use someone elses to test. And when you say it pwers up, by chance does it go into protection mode?

I never got to use this amp.I got it from a friend who had two of them.One in his truck and he sold the other to me.He said it worked fine :dunno: .When I hooked it up to my truck the green light would come on and some times the red protection one beside it to but no sound.I took it back to my friends and switched them.my amp also dosent work in his .I took the back off the amp and there is some burn marks in there. :mad: So now Iam lookin for a new amp.

The amp is worth $ 1000.00. I would hate to throw it out.I think when they fix it also comes with a warranty.Would it hurt the amp if I ran two subs to this 2 channel amp??

• 1 year later...

mine was under the center console first then I put it to behind the HU. Not to sure about the difference cause about that time I got a new amp and had a lot more power going to my subs. As for putting it behind the HU, the dash bezel pops off, just go slowly and you can just unsnap it all the way around. Then just unscrew the HU screws and it comes out, then install it like normal, run your RCA's and remote and your done

• 1 month later...
hey fellas, just installed the everything like the post stated. My question is....are highs(words of the song) suppose to come through as well. i got both bass and highs coming through my sub.

Nope!! you need to turn on the crossover in your amp to Low pass. or LP. if you dont have one, get one. it will sound sooo much better

maybe a bit of more info will help. i have a 600w, 4-channel amp and pushing an audiobahn 1000v 1000w, 4-ohm sub. at the moment, i have the sub bridged in channels 1 & 2. my options there would be crossover hp and full. on 3 & 4, the crossover is lp and full. should i switch bridged channels to get rid of the highs and end up with just bass?

• 1 year later...

Just got my PAC converter today and will be getting my box and 10" Power Acoustik PW3 tomorrow or Friday. I should have it in this weekend hopefully. I've already taken all the plastic crap off just to see what I will be getting into and I think everything should go smoothly. Once again though where is it that you guys ran your power wire into the cab? That is the only thing I could see having a problem with. Everything else should be just plug and play. Thanks for a awesome write up. :cheers:

Archived