Custom Plexiglass Volant intake cover

MID12sSSS

I took off my ugly, stock, scratched up Volant cover and used it as a jig to cut out a nice new one out of plexiglass. Then topped it off with an SS sticker. Thought id share.

I still gotta order a pre-filter sleeve for my air filter. A black one would probably look good. Or a red to contrast the blue. IDK.

cover1_zps9c6039ce.jpg

cover3_zps1e0fb387.jpg

cover2_zpseb8af0ba.jpg

As you can tell by the last pic. Plexi scratches pretty easily. But you cant really see it in person. The flash from the camera just shows all the flaws.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you be interested in making one and seizing it to me. Obviously just blank plexiglass. I'll add my own styling.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I thought about this. I knew anyone that has a Volant would prefer a plexiglass cover over their ugly stock cover. Maybe if there is enough interest, ill start making up a ton of them and we'll figure out a cost. It'll be my little contribution to the site. And if i can get it in a flat rate box, we'll be set. Shipping will be cheap! Ive seen some pretty cool ones in the past. Like the Black Widow decal Kevin Rambo put on his plexiglass cover for his 408. Looks clean! :pepsicheer:

Stickers are pretty cheap to get made. You could put whatever you want on it. "Vortec Max" or "SS" or "supercharged" or whatever.

Man that looks good, you did a great job on it nice!

Thanks man. Haha the engine bay itself still needs a ton of clean up work/styling. But im picking away at it.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I thought about this. I knew anyone that has a Volant would prefer a plexiglass cover over their ugly stock cover. Maybe if there is enough interest, ill start making up a ton of them and we'll figure out a cost. It'll be my little contribution to the site. And if i can get it in a flat rate box, we'll be set. Shipping will be cheap! Ive seen some pretty cool ones in the past. Like the Black Widow decal Kevin Rambo put on his plexiglass cover for his 408. Looks clean! pepsicheer.gif

Stickers are pretty cheap to get made. You could put whatever you want on it. "Vortec Max" or "SS" or "supercharged" or whatever.

I would like one ... count me in if you do this

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)