Custom Plexiglass Volant intake cover

MID12sSSS

Girlfriend said I can't talk to you guys. Brandon, because you sold me the cats and I cancelled date night because I was broke til I got my refund from that corsa, and John she saw the list of parts you suggested. :lol:

Just have to use code from now on

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, ill have you clear coat them too then. I don't wanna use some crappy paint. Hahahaha. It went from me doing 60% and you doing 40%, to me doing 20% and you doing 80%. Haha. Ill cut them, MAYBE try out some weatherstripping on the sides for a nice clean seal, and I guess thats it? Then send them to you to get them finished up with all the cool effects? I guess I can just sell you the covers in bulk, you make the finished product, brand them as a KP custom air box cover, and advertise/sell them in your shop and to forum members. Haha you'll be staying up until 2am again trying this and trying that until its perfect. After all the effort, this will probably be a $100+ cover, so of course there will be basic plexiglass covers available (pics on the first page) for like half that price.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Girlfriend said I can't talk to you guys. Brandon, because you sold me the cats and I cancelled date night because I was broke til I got my refund from that corsa, and John she saw the list of parts you suggested. :lol:

Hahaha that's funny. Sorry we pissed her off. But as long as the truck looks/runs great. Right?

So I say 3 runs, one SS, one Vmax, one JGP, maybe a VHO depending on how it can turn out. I want the prototype Vmax. Honestly depending on how it turns out John, the local shop here might want to buy some off you for their 6.0 swaps.

Off topic the cats didn't solve the misfire, the smog Nazi wasn't happy, I just told him I already had them off the donor truck for the engine. And quoted regulation saying emissions equipment from the new engine must be installed with the new engine.

I apologize in advance to the moderators if we are breaking any rules with this thread. I know personal conversations are supposed to be kept to PM's so we don't clog up a thread with back and forth, two way conversations, but I'd like anyone to be able to read the discussion between myself and John from Kelly Performance, and hopefully build interest in the product. And other members can pitch in their .02 to help develop the end product, as Chris and others have already done.

sounds good! i cant wait, these are gunna be cool :cool: dunno if we will have a line or anything, but hey im sure theyll sell. speaking of that... i am making another batch of 100mm Radix intakes next week, maybe i can do a package deal for Volant users who buy the KP 100mm Radix intake at a discount for both items :thumbs:]

100mm Radix intakes?! Is this the J-tube itself? Or the cold air tube that goes to the air box, before the throttle body? Do you see big gains with the 100mm throttle body over the LS6?

Edit: Not sure why that quote didn't turn out...

God damn John. I'm nursing a semi over this. Now how well can you duplicate a Vmax emblem on to the plexiglass?

yeah i can do that, to a tee like as exact as youd like it

uh oh thats no good, i better hide :lol:

Well, ill have you clear coat them too then. I don't wanna use some crappy paint. Hahahaha. It went from me doing 60% and you doing 40%, to me doing 20% and you doing 80%. Haha. Ill cut them, MAYBE try out some weatherstripping on the sides for a nice clean seal, and I guess thats it? Then send them to you to get them finished up with all the cool effects? I guess I can just sell you the covers in bulk, you make the finished product, brand them as a KP custom air box cover, and advertise/sell them in your shop and to forum members. Haha you'll be staying up until 2am again trying this and trying that until its perfect. After all the effort, this will probably be a $100+ cover, so of course there will be basic plexiglass covers available (pics on the first page) for like half that price.

no no this is your deal man, i was just thinking out loud here. it was mostly for myself but clearly others like it so... lol. im not even 40 here i dunno what your talking about :lol: and yes i will be up all night doing them till im happy, as you can clearly see i am doing that right now with something else :D i have problems, its what i do. i think all the covers should come from you, and money/orders go to you. then if the customer wants my idea, you can ship me your product for me to customize, then ill drop ship it to customer. this is your deal :cheers:

So I say 3 runs, one SS, one Vmax, one JGP, maybe a VHO depending on how it can turn out. I want the prototype Vmax. Honestly depending on how it turns out John, the local shop here might want to buy some off you for their 6.0 swaps.

i will have a hard ass time doing a JGP logo, and we prob will never sell one anyways. but im sure ill end up doing it as its in my head now and its gunna bother me if i dont :lol: the SS and VHO will be no problem. i can make some prototypes soon for brandon to put pics and prices up for. i will do a cover in the shopman1 VHO bowtie font/logo and another in the VortecMAX logo thats on the doors of the newer Vmax trucks. sound good? also gunna do an "LSx" one too, in the exact GM font. that one will sell great as its "generic" in a sense for ANY of these vehicles.

The latter. It looked like cleaning the MAF and TB killed the misfire. It was only at idle or low speed like 25 or below

thats one of the most overlooked issues, no one believes me when i say to do that lol! it really does get nasty in those and causes all kinds of turbulence and skews the airflow readings all up

EDIT: brandon, you never seen our 100mm Radix intake kit? it is an entire 4" intake all straight thru that goes from your airbox to your throttle, and gets rid of that ugly plastic tube that chokes down to like 3.25"... it brings a new polished intake tube 100mm, custom made billet 100mm MAF housing w/ better MAF sensor (no screen, reads more airflow so better for tuning and high HP vehicles not on SD tuning), silicone couplers and everything you need to install. ill put a pic of it up below... shows gains of 6-8 WHP on our dyno :thumbs: looks way better too IMO!

KPCarandCustomerPics396_zpsdd8f31c0.jpg

KPCarandCustomerPics392_zps78a51ea3.jpg

^that MAF pictured is a different MAF... thats lingenfelters REALLY overpriced MAF housing that uses the same MAF as my kit, just twice as much LOL. our housing looks exactly like that just polished not anodized :thumbs:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

A shopman1 SS bowtie etched into the cover would look SICK! Especially with blue or red LEDs pulsing through it.

thats what im saying! i was thinking just the font from the bowtie for "VHO" but i like that idea a lot. come to think of it the whole bowtie design lit up would be cool... could do the SS bowties too

I'll want the Vmax logo to match my doors and engine cover. You don't have to hide. Be glad I'm not in Florida anymore. Then you would be in trouble because she would be dragging me out of your shop. Then you would be in trouble.

I would love a 100mm intake tube. A bigger TB would be cool too. And maybe even get my J-tube ported. I think I may go SD tune though. But still. Should still see gains with the bigger tube. And like you said, looks WAY better.

I'll want the Vmax logo to match my doors and engine cover. You don't have to hide. Be glad I'm not in Florida anymore. Then you would be in trouble because she would be dragging me out of your shop. Then you would be in trouble.

thank god for that, last thing i need is more women problems :jester:

I would love a 100mm intake tube. A bigger TB would be cool too. And maybe even get my J-tube ported. I think I may go SD tune though. But still. Should still see gains with the bigger tube.

theres really no point on a radix to go over 90mm... the inner diameter of the j tube is barely 90. if you had a front inlet like the TVS, now thatd be a different story... i ported my whole j tube but wasnt a whole lot i could take out. all we can do is get you a ported version of your LS2 throttle body, its still good for some power. every little bit counts

yeah if you do decide to go SD, its still the same intake just no MAF or MAF housing. just a 4"/100mm tube in its place. also saves you some money

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)