information on production of gemtop tonneau cover

cmoney23

Im about to get a piece of sheet metal and cut to size, prep for paint, get painted and find a way to mount. Freaking make my own low profile, flush mounted cover... Lol. Wouldnt that be grand!! Thats where im at since nobody wants to make a flush mount, low profile tonneau anymore. Everything cool is discontinued

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could get a sheet of aluminum cut to fit have L brackets welded on and bolt it on underneath right to the side of the bed you would have to slide in on your back to mount and unmount but it would work it might be kinda heavy though a town line sign is 80 pounds so times that by to that's 160 pounds more to haul around more for show then go

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

Im about to get a piece of sheet metal and cut to size, prep for paint, get painted and find a way to mount. Freaking make my own low profile, flush mounted cover... Lol. Wouldnt that be grand!! Thats where im at since nobody wants to make a flush mount, low profile tonneau anymore. Everything cool is discontinued

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/102674-homemade-tonneau-cover-pics-how.html

I would sell my Gemtop for a new one in a heartbeat. I have even been thinking of going the GM tri-fold recently just to freshen it up, those are flush mount and might want to check them out. I would hope the rubber T gasker seals are more quality (better waterproofing) this time around if does Gemtop produces something...

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Yeah. If we have everyone call asking about gemtops, maybe they'd do something about it. Haha have 50+ calls waiting and as they answer them one by one, everyone is inquiring about gemtops. Haha.

I was going to show you the pictures that you liked of my truck awhile back but those are in a different computer. My truck is not road worthy, if I sell and go for the GM tri-fold you will be the first to know CMoney, but my truck is not going to be ready until May. You will have to paint it, as it was painted to match my truck.

I was going to show you the pictures that you liked of my truck awhile back but those are in a different computer. My truck is not road worthy, if I sell and go for the GM tri-fold you will be the first to know CMoney, but my truck is not going to be ready until May. You will have to paint it, as it was painted to match my truck.

painting it is the least of my worries.. lol