Plasti Dip you complete car. stuff is getting crazy.

shawnss

So I was messing around on Youtube watch ATV racing video's. well a few videos popped up where a guy is plasti dipping complete cars and really looks pretty decent. I personally would never do it. but to each there own. I know some guys hate it but some guys like it. I know one forum member REALLY REALLY HATES IT!!!!!! I'm sure we all know who it is by now. but any how heres some videos.

They also have a full on website where you can buy complete kits to do your entire vehicle. they sell it by the gallons and even have spray guns and can make custom colors for you CRAZY. this stuff has come along ways. I'm sure when the Plastic dip company first came out with this stuff they didn't know it would take off like this. Ha

https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

a few of their video's

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuz it's garbage. Looks like absolute dog crap. No way I'd put that on my SS. If you wanna paint yr rims for the winter or something I can kinda see it. Wtf is the point of painting your whole car. Wanna paint it paint it don't put plasti crap on it.

Edited by shadowsniper3006
Language (see edit history)

You should be shunned for these comments

idgaf, it's a nice quick way to get a matte look and it works great. Sorry not everyone wants to powdercoat. What if someone likes changing up the color of a rim fairly often? should they pay out 500-800 bucks every month? hell no. Sure it's blasphemy to use plasti dip on high quality fancy chrome wheels, but on shit wheels like stock rims and such, it's a great idea.

Vinyl wrap a vehicle for 4 grand or plasti dip it for 400 bucks and achieve the exact same durability and finish? Easy answer, plasti dip.

Cuz it's garbage. Looks like absolute dog shiz. No way I'd put that on my SS. If you wanna paint yr rims for the winter or something I can kinda see it. Wtf is the point of painting your whole car. Wanna paint it paint it don't put plasti shit on it.

Please tell me how it looks like garbage? it looks the exact same as vinyl wrap. If it's "garbage" to you, you simply do not like a matte/satin finish.

Like I said I would never put it on the the SS or something like that but I could see adding some to a beater DD or something like that or a set of wheels. I would never coat a High end vehicle or something like that. but maybe on an average vehicle.

I could also see putting it on a vehicle for a long road trip to keep things off it like bugs and rock chips. if you were to install it thick enough to not get rock chips.

I could see adding just the clean for like a clear bar or something maybe. My buddy does clean bra's and the really deal clear bra is spendy. he charges like $400.00 to $500.00 to do a complete front clip of a car. you could do it in clear plasti dip for probably $20.00

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)