New build, already broke down

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn bro that sucks,wonder if the shop who built your motor went a lil rough on her and managed to hear them going out b4 they crapped out on them. I could just be talking out of my ass but I know a shop here in town that had just built a f-body and they were just giving her a hell of a time,I know they have to test them out but don't beat on them fresh out the knife! Any how hope you get her back on the rd asap,i was really looking forward to more videos lol

I'm gonna buy a set and have them sit in my garage till mines take a dump. U guys motivated me already on doing this on my own lol

Are yours leaking at all? No sense in fixing something that isnt broken. And its not a super common problem where you need to have an extra set laying around waiting for them to blow out. If one day they do start leaking, just replace them then.

Are yours leaking at all? No sense in fixing something that isnt broken. And its not a super common problem where you need to have an extra set laying around waiting for them to blow out. If one day they do start leaking, just replace them then.

No none at all but I am pretty slammed,I ran my truck really low for almost 1year on 22s so of they do go out it won't be a surprise for me but now I have all the confidence to get dirty n get this done. Btw is there any re alignment need to be done after this? Just curious.

No, removing tie rod from spindle and reinstalling doesn't require alignment. Also, both axles are the same so unless you plan on destroying both at the same time, just pick up one if you're set on a spare. There's something like a $15 core on it so $65 would get you a spare.

I'm not sure if they snapped but something is definitely separated cause there was grease splurged all over my wheels, fenders, doors, and all the control arms and all the other stuff behind the wheel. On Both sides. I'm dropped 3/4. Lca up front. Shackles and hangers out back.