WhiSSles build. pics to follow

fast4popper

so i have been BUGGED, and nearly bribed to post this up.

First off, when i lived in Jersey,WhiSSle wasnt right. she was pig rich at idle to the point it would burn my eyes. We moved to Minnesota with her on a trailer, and a hopeful new start.

On a plan to keep the 6.0 Liter and raise the boost to nearly 20lbs, off the motor went to be gone through. come to find out, 3 cam lobes, an 3 bent push rods and the truck still ran a 12.6 in the quarter mile. not bad for a bunk motor in full street trim.

after reinstaling this motor, and giving her nearly 50 miles on the clock, somthin wasnt right. come to find out, the valve springs were installed totally wrong and the "new" motor was a mess.

Off to TPiS, the motor went for the 408 stroker, with boost. 10:5/1 compression, Compstar rods and crank, mahle pistons, LEPerformance cam, LS7 lifters, hardened pushrods, Lingenfelter CNC 317 heads, and all the trimmings. with 10 pounds of boost, and severe belt slippage at 5700 rpms she laid down 794.6 Hp and 763TQ at 5000rpms I know there is more in her, at higher RPMs as I was out of fuel (18% duty cycle on the injectors) and an 8 rub set up is needed.

I will post pics of the motor as I get them uploaded.

amongst other things, i did ALOT of polished stuff, snake skin loom on all of the hoses and lines, ceramic chrome coating on the exhaust all the way to the tips, 3 batteries under the hood, and rerouting of some different things.

I will get pics like i said, enjoy, and ask away with any questions and make any suggestions please. I am always open for a new set of eyes, and opinions. I wont take offense, just be the same if i dont like your ideas.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, when i lived in Jersey,WhiSSle wasnt right. she was pig rich at idle to the point it would burn my eyes. We moved to Minnesota with her on a trailer, and a hopeful new start.

You moved to Minnesota???? NOOOOOOO!!! I wanted to be the fastest SSS in MN..... LOL.... Where did you move to bud??... I live up here in Grand Rapids, MN about 2 hours from Brainard International Speedway and 3 hours from Minneapolis. It would be awesome to hook up this summer, as I rarely see any other SSS's...

I'm just south of Minneapolis. I ain't worried bout being the fastest by any means. Just like to meet new people and hang out. Honestly, I doubt it

Will ever see the track. Yes, let's get together and do something. I'm thinking car craft nationals???

You got a lot of self control chris.... Haha id be dying to know what she'd do at the track. But I see you're point.... A work of art like that, you've got nothing to prove. It'd be a shame to abuse it. Trucks looking great bud! Keep up the good work!

Who was this guy that bugged you into coming back to the forum and making a build thread? :jester:

P.S.

If he ever tries for TOTM, we're all screwed. Haha

I'm just south of Minneapolis. I ain't worried bout being the fastest by any means. Just like to meet new people and hang out. Honestly, I doubt it

Will ever see the track. Yes, let's get together and do something. I'm thinking car craft nationals???

WHOA WHOA!!! THAT WASN'T THE DEAL!!!