Concealed Weapon Inside SS

feece08

Don't do it! If you get you caught they will seize your gun and melt it. And you WON'T get it back. Not to mention the other trouble you will get in. Only thing I can suggest is possibly pull over before you get to base and throw that sucker in your air filter box or something like that. I've never been randomly searched and had them look under the hood.

I have done more than a few vehicle searches as an MP and we always looked under the hood and everywhere we could find a loose piece of plastic.. The airbox might work as we didn't tear that apart but we did look under the hood and under the car with mirrors and with K-9. I have found everything imaginable from drugs to 12" Dildos LOL. But this was in 2003-2007 on Camp Lejuene post 911.. If the dog sat or pointed we would tear your car apart LOL.. It all depends on the MP's doing the search... Some weren't real MP's and don't give a F' like people from other units and MOS's were sent to stand gate gaurd who had no chance to get a squad... .. Real MOS 5811 MP's PFC and LCPL's were who you wanted to avoid... When I first was stationed on Lejuene our incentive to get off the gate was to get as many tickets or busts possible so we can get our own squads or at least ride alpha with a squad... So with that said alot of times the searches were very detailed lol...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't do it on any Military installation, not saying I haven't. But at least I haven't been caught. I know here at Ft. Bragg they can't just take and keep your weapon. They do have to return it to you but it has to be off post. Weather it's the Gate Guards that are hired by the Government or the MP's.

• 9 months later...

As a Veteran...It's bullshit that we can not carry open/concealed on base. If you live in housing you can keep it there. *mind you every post is different on certain things* but overall the same. If you live in the barracks (I did at one time, happens to the best of us), you have to turn your personal weapon(s) into the armory. then go through hell and highwater to even check it out.

I also say this... You get caught sneaking a weapon onto a GOV Installation and you didn't bother to declare that weapon to the DOD cops or MA/MP/Sec For You are in for a world of shit. My advice is do not I REPEAT DO NOT ATTEMPT TO HIDE A WEAPON in your vehicle and come onto a Military Base. God help You if you get caught. (I am a former MP. If I know my fellow MP's your @$$ will get tore wide open. Whether they are Puddle Pirate Coasties or DOD Cops, with the Shootings that have taken place on military installations, God Help You If You Get Caught.

So I think this might be fun, I know this "Guy" who happens to work on a military installation that has a no fire arm policy on base, even if you have your CCW. It sucks because that is usually when you travel the most, too and from work. Is there a good way/place to conceal a weapon before you get to the gate and after you leave base that will pass a basic vehicle search. Should be able to stow it and retrieve it while sitting in the drivers side. Lets hear some thoughts!

Might be fun?. Man there are rules in place for a reason. It's people with type of mentality that will screw it up for all the honest concealed holders. Take a look around you and look at every right being stripped away you thought you ever had. Go ahead and give them another reason to take your freedom to bear arms.