odd trans question - trans tech in here/zippy

Well after swapping VBs this didnt cure the issue. I started to question him more and got more info on what its acting like. He said he wont do anything in D or manual 3 but will move in manual 1 & 2. I asked him why it was it was acting different now amd he admitted he didnt test it as much as now. I guess thats the downfall of helping someone on the other side of the country.

With that said, i have condemned the forward sprag. There is no reason why it keeps going through sprags like it has other than the power it is making combined with the weight of the truck.

I think i have him talked into an 80 swap and will help him with info on it for a return on a good deal on that trans and shipped to me. I will take it down, repair it and swap output shafts for a 2wd application for the current Camaro project. That trans shouldnt miss a beat in a light car like that. Hopefully i can gdt it worked out

Well I hope you get it figured out B. I wish I knew something about trans but I don't know crap. I've been reading it thou trying to learn what I can from this thread. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks mang

Hopefully he lets me have that trans for a good deal as id love to have it back. I know i can sell the 300m billet output shaft no prob. Fix the issue here, throw a new set of 3/4s in, amd roll with it.

I agree Shaun, but I dont see how a case would cause this

I have asked many about this and all they can say is its the nature of the beast. But it doesnt make sense like you said and I agree.

edit:

On the other hand, when I rolled the first it was from a dig spraying nitrous without the 2-3 shift valve mod. The second time it rolled I did the 2-3 shift valve mod but I forgot I had it in D when I got on it heavy. And now this time we'll never know if ol boy had it in manual 3rd or D when he did it.

So really there is some sense to this madness

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Well Shaun looks like he was trying to impress that dog in the neighborhood lol

2013-05-10_15-36-38_510_zpsfba2fd08.jpg

I rolled two already but he grenaded this one

Whats jacked up about this deal is I could of told him the sprag was broke in the first place if I would of got the correct story on what it was actually doing. But I guess thats what happens when you are trying to diag a trans issue over the phone

From what im told, the owner wants to repair it and put it back in. I tried to talk him into doing an 80E swap but I guess not.

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Sorry it took me so long to see this. My first guess after reading your description was the forward sprag. In first gear it is taking off with the overrun clutches applied and when it goes to second the overruns are off except with the shifter in 3. Something must be causing this thing to be eating forward sprags. I know it is making big power, but there are alot of trucks out there making as much or more power using 65E's also. There may be an end play issue going on or issue with the feed hole at the input drum. You may also want to check with him to make sure it isn't hitting the rev limiter on the shifts.