Sold the SS for an Oval

05_gaSShog

Yeah yeah I know, but I got a killer deal. The SS has been gone for about 3 months....for this 2013 SuperCrew Ecoboost F-150. So far it's been tinted, plati-dipped front emblem, solo mach-x exhaust, blacked out side mirror markers, and now she's tuned, too.

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

I wanted the FX4 but it was about 6K more and I didn't want it that bad, lol. It's a nice truck, E-locker, hill-descent,truck apps, my sync, a lot of options minus leather and PTM numbers.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh snap, :ohmy: I knew it was going to be bad but c'mon guys, lol. I was having some severe issues putting a second car seat in the SS, so I needed an upgrade. After the tune is pretty snappy and amazingly torquey.

Still need Fx heads and tails. The surround is also getting PTM. From she'll get a 2" level and some 33's in about a year. Turbos sound pretty cool, too. I was going to get a new Vortec...but the Ford was a good deal cheaper. Pulled her out the door for 23,900 after trade and no money down. And they threw in the Rhino liner for free.

To be honest I think it's slightly faster now than the SS was. The SS was zippy tuned, ported TB, 2nd and 4 gear synchros, intake, true duals, and thermostat (I think 170*). I really miss the AWD though and the dual climate control....I should've sprung for that.

Edited by 05_gaSShog (see edit history)

i think ill be the first to say its a nice truck. im really impressed with fords new cars/trucks they really stepped up there game. i wouldnt mind DDing one i hope it works out for you. a member on my FD has a 5.0 2011 f150 and its on its third trans lol but thats not the ecoboost. hope its as solid as the commercials say

Edited by 8hnpSS (see edit history)

I almost kept the SS, too...but when they said 16K....I said it's yours!!! This new tune in this thing is absolutely great. I waited till my patrol car (2013 interceptor--basically SHO) had 15K on it. If it holds up to 15K miles of patrol use...the truck should hold up to 100K, lol. The trasmission is actually a pain in the arse....it's adaptive and if you don't get on it frequently it'll shifter slower than cold molasses lol.

KC, the fx4 in the grey was calling me pretty hard but in the end I said...I can buy more mods sooner, lol. I wish ford started doing bumper wraps instead of painting them though. Rock chips will rust that way. I'm pretty happy w/ it so far.

Ford frames saved my life, so I can never bash Ford. I love their trucks, amazing work trucks and never had one issue with the F250 Diesel. Much more creature comforts than the SS imo.

I dig that truck a lot, I am not a chrome fan but overall one nice looking hauler!