SS becoming a garage queen, late in life...

Well I'm finally retiring the SS to the garage after 212000ish miles. My buddy that owns a body shop is going to go over her for me and make her look like new, then I'm going to have it detailed and put it under a cover in my dad's warehouse full of toys. I'm thinking very seriously about a Honda S2000 as a daily driver, I have a 45-50 mile commute round trip and putting gas in the SS is not fun.

She'll be looking sweet when the body guy gets done with her.

Congrats on having a storage spot for her. Wish I had a garage to put mine in.

With your commute you are putting more miles on yours in two days than I put on mine in a week but I know what you mean about the gas. These trucks do like the stuff.

S-2000 will be a fun DD as long as you don't need to carry ANYTHING with you. I thought about buying one a few years back, nice cars.

Agreed, very good DD cars. My buddy traded his WRX STI for a new S2000, and wow. After being modded, grey paint and red rims, I absolutely loved that car.

Those have the v-tech's correct? (double cammed)? My buddy was talking to me about it having the two cams, not sure if it was custom or stock.

yeah thats the only bummer about truck is they tend to eat fuel. but I like the fact of having a bigger vehicle to have my son in. Hondas do get great fuel milage. I have owned many honda over the years and you cant beat them. they are very dependable and get great fuel milage. we just sold my wifes 03 civic. because she wanted something bigger for the kid. but the honda got 34 MPG in town thats hard to beat when all 3 of my trucks don't get anything over 12MPG in town. post up some pictures once the truck is done.

Nice S2

The S2000 i'm looking at is a one owner 2008 that is modded with only 43k miles on it. I figure something that small with a supercharger will be all kinds of fun...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=30161&endYear=2014&modelCode1=S2000&showcaseOwnerId=67528&startYear=1981&makeCode1=HONDA&firstRecord=26&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=200&bodyStyleCodes=CONVERT&mmt=[HONDA[s2000[]][]]&listingId=343866665&listingIndex=1&Log=0

Nice, she's got some pretty nice options/aftermarket stuff and price isn't TO bad.