My SS :(

super88

I don't know about in America. But if you have their plate number, you can easily get their insurance info (it's public). Then you write a letter of demand to them. They are legally obligated to answer and if they refuse you can get the RCMP to start a investigation which usually makes them pony up if there is even the tiniest bit of proof, all this is assuming they have insurance. I hope it's the same way in America and you nail these clowns!!! Good luck.

it doesn't work like that here I had a lady hit n run my srt8 on side of road found her car 2 blocks away in HER neighbors backyard... Cops claim couldn't locate the driver that night..didn't talk to her for a day n half..she didn't have insurance..claimed the car to be stolen, but no police report could be found to prove...and she never got one ticket cause the cop couldn't find her to "to talk"the night it happened..I had full coverage paid 1500 for dect. And new tires for a total of 23k in damage....now a yr n half later I still don't have my 1500 I had to pay,I she her driving all the time,my insurance still sends me letters saying their still work on it and I'm just now to the point to go to small claims......so my advise to the OP super88 get a lawyer now better off to be a head then in the position I'm in...still fighting to get what I desirve Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

That's a familiar story, is your frame bent at all? My black SS was totaled from the exact same type of accident last year, almost $14,000 in damage. I completely killed the Dodge Dakota that pulled in front of me though, the kid was out and tearing out his stereo right after impact.

• 2 weeks later...