Neck Breaker Build **grudge truck**

Neckbreaker

I'm new to the site but not new to Chevy performance.

This build will be slow, expensive, and very labor intensive.

Basically I've raced cars since I started driving. Got out of the performance world because I was in college and it's expensive. A couple buddies of mine got me into building trucks. After playing around with some quick trucks I decided I wanted to make a grudge truck.

The build plan change gears when I watched a buddy of mine put 6 lengths on another truck when he launched 4wd. I kinda wanted to do something different so this is my 1999 AWD turbo build.

The items already bought for the build:

Truck is a RCSB with 5.3L and 160k miles.

Two precision 6262 T4 turbos

CXRacing intercooler

Precision 38mm wastegates

eBay brand 50mm BOV

149 AWD transfer case freshly rebuilt

TH400 with trans brake

Diamond racing 16x10 black steelies

TruTrac spool for the rear w/stock 3:42 gears

Need to purchase:

Tires-thinking Nitto or MT 315 all around

Built 6.0L

Front Diff

Front halfshafts and hubs

Custom drive shafts

Meth kit

Intercooler piping

4-link

I'll post some pics tonight when I get off. Truck is currently at busy shop. But I have pics from when I picked it up and pics of some parts.

In the mean time...can anyone tell me how much abuse the 149 T-case can handle??

Is there any aftermarket replacement or company that builds them?

Also is the SS half shafts and diff the same as the 8.25 that came in the 4x4 model?

curious as to why the TH400 with no overdrive? I think a 80e would be better suited for the truck. And there are already writeups on how to make the transfercase work. Should be a sick truck none the less. What are your goals with it?

nice build man! gonna be watching this one also. the t-case has handled over a thousand horse on 2 trucks on the site both being the 2 fastest trucks. i believe one of them popped and the other was still going until the truck was sold. but the case can handle alot of power there are very few failures with them, theres a guy from my area he doesnt post on here much but his truck is going to bust into the 10s once the weather clears up. still running the stock tcase. there are also many guys running 11s making 700~ crank with them. i would be more concerned about the front end than the case

I chose TH400 for simplicity and cost. A built TH400 is about half the cost of a built 4L80e.

The truck will only leave the garage to race so fuel efficiency is not an issue for me.

I chose TH400 for simplicity and cost. A built TH400 is about half the cost of a built 4L80e.

The truck will only leave the garage to race so fuel efficiency is not an issue for me.