looking at stall converters

i'll show you first hand a high stall isn't bad, once your used to it

.....and watch you spin your engine to 7200 rpm on a stock bottom end lol

I'd like to see that.....

You should've heard it hit 8036.....I can't describe the sound change, but it wasn't good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

i started with a quarter mile goal. if not that then you need a hp goal. What other reason is there to mod? If you say you want a fast street truck...you have to define "fast" in either 1/4 mile, 0-60 or HP. pick something and go for it. if its a show truck with tons of hp never used....then i don't get it.

I'm thinking 12's is not the goal you want. Nothing about my truck bothers me, but you have to live with things if you want to hit a hard goal. Live with the stall speed and learn to drive it, live with the city MPG, its all effects of the goal you want.

i think i paid close to a grand for my circle d, are you guys looking at single disks......

i should try to get a vid of my truck just driving around, maybe its me just knowing this is what i needed to hit my goals, but its not bad. I'm driving a 4500.....and it ain't bad. Yeah, under normal driving my trans acts like a cvt, the motor will stay at 3000 and shift through all the gears and never drop rpm...but it doesn't effect the driveablitly of the truck.

you guys gotta make it out here for some racing and dyno runs and i'll show you first hand a high stall isn't bad, once your used to it

Thanks this was what i was trying to get out of my possible misworded/ opitionated questions.... itl drive like a ctv transmission under normal driving conditions

Where u live at im WI id like to make a trip up some weekend and see what you got goin on

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Alex if u want pm me your number I have a bunch. I have all ranges of speeds.

thanks for the videos Jason they help I think most the videos I've been watch the guys are tryn to hold it just before the stall speed seeing someone and kno their actually easy driving and see how it acts I think I could get used to a 3200-3600 stall pretty easy

No prob Alex. It can cruise at 35 no prob and still get good gas mileage. Like Brian and Brad said you can drive it no prob and a good tune helps. And also when your ready to smash the skinny peddle, it will give u that seat of the pants feeling that will make you smile.

so im browsing PI vigilante converters but cant seem to find a price on em do they only tell you $$ when you call and order? also after install of converter do you need to re-tune for the higher stall?

Thanks this was what i was trying to get out of my possible misworded/ opitionated questions.... itl drive like a ctv transmission under normal driving conditions

Where u live at im WI id like to make a trip up some weekend and see what you got goin on

just north of milwaukee. We're lucky enough to have multiple RWD dyno's in the area, but we also have 2 AWD dynos large enough for our trucks as well.

just north of milwaukee. We're lucky enough to have multiple RWD dyno's in the area, but we also have 2 AWD dynos large enough for our trucks as well.

ah very nice whats it cost to dyno?