looking at stall converters

Ya my retunes are free other than shipping from IA to FL... Wouldnt the converter locking and unlock excessively cause high trans temp? So it's is possible to get by with installing converter and not retuning right away but to reach max benefit it IS needed

This is what I was getting at.....

Ya my retunes are free other than shipping from IA to FL... Wouldnt the converter locking and unlock excessively cause high trans temp? So it's is possible to get by with installing converter and not retuning right away but to reach max benefit it IS needed

another reason why investing in tuning software is a must

part of it in my opinion. also what is the point in modding if you cant get the most of what you just spent your money on. I sure a hell dont want to spend my money on something and look back and go "well its not bad but could be better"

LOL, I agree. All I'm saying is, you don't HAVE to retune right away. For some people, it can be a hassle.

someone refesh my memory, what is needed for a converter retune?

maybe the lower mph shift speeds

maybe the converter slip causes that solinoid B code

maybe the clutch duty cycle

?

This^ for the trans tuning. I also changed spark and PE, under the stall rpm, seemed to help the engine rev faster to stall rpm.

LOL, I agree. All I'm saying is, you don't HAVE to retune right away. For some people, it can be a hassle.

if you want to mod, you need to retune. if its THAT much of a hassle then you dont need to be modding

another reason why investing in tuning software is a must

i would but I feel idk or feel comfortable enough to do my own tuning... I have alot of faith in my tuner so I don't mind sending it out we need be

if you want to mod, you need to retune. if its THAT much of a hassle then you dont need to be modding

Like I said, you don't HAVE to retune, but it is recommended. Nothing I have said here is incorrect. Not really sure why you are arguing...

i would but I feel idk or feel comfortable enough to do my own tuning... I have alot of faith in my tuner so I don't mind sending it out we need be

Investing in tuning software isnt just for tuning. For the novice guy modding such as yourself and having someone across the country doing the tuning its a hassle to remove the PCM, send it out, retune and flash, and send back. Then you have to go through the relearn process.

Where if you have tuning software, you can log a session, send him the file, he makes changes and you reflash. Then log more, send him the file, makes more changes, and reflash. For the guy that just wants to wake his truck up a mail order tune is just fine. But for the guy that is doing stall converters, engine mods other than minor bolt on, tuning software will make your life MUCH easier and you will get the most out your time and money you are putting into your truck.

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Ill have to look into that with John see if he offers that

Agree with Brian. I have hptuners just so I can email the file straight to Zippy and he sends it right back (IF I HAVE THE TIME SCHEDULED WITH HIM). its doing the both of us a large favor

Plus the accuracy of the tune is much greater as they are making adjustments via flash file from logging. Not just making changes from a list of mods. They are actually looking at data, which is what tuning is

Ill have to look into that with John see if he offers that

I guarantee he will. Its so much easier on a tuner

On the other hand, your gonna pay for tuning software. HPT Pro is $675 from what I remember