My SSlow Build!

sknutson913

i dont know man changing a serpentine belt or a water pump would be a PITA with that hood in the way. i like the idea thou and thought somebody on here a while back did something like this also but it was a while ago.some kind of pull pin set up would be sweet since these hoods are heavy and would be a pain to hold up to undo 4 bolts on each side just throwing some ideas out there.

the way the hinges are setup right now the hood will hold it self up in the popped position as shown in the 4th picture, you could undo the bolts there and just side the hood back to the pins and then lift it up and prop it. it will lift evenly as it will be in the slots, I'll get some more pictures later this week.

As for how its secured in the back, currently the holes in the stock hinges have been slotted, and they slide into a stud that i put through the holes in the hinge bracket thats below the windshield on each side, when I tilt the hood back down and slide it back they slide in those studs. The left and right bracket are connected so theres no twist or anything in the hood, everything stays square.