The one that got away

Diamondss

I realized that I forgot to post pictures of the truck. So the first picture is how the truck looked this Tuesday when I picked it up. The second picture is the way the truck looked the first time I bought it in 2006, and the last picture is of the SS and the Sierra I traded the SS on. A nice mix, I am going to lift the Sierra and give her 33's and supercharge the SS, the best of both worlds (unless your world requires a practical truck...).

I am planning on taking the SS back to stock appearance but am hoping to get her turning low 13's in the 1/4. It will still be the tow rig for the Chevelle, I am assembling parts at the moment for the Chevelle (my first car) so the SS wont be getting much love until the Chevelle is finished. Then the SS will be pulled in to the shop. I have been reading about the LED dash conversions, if I'm going to restore the SS it needs to be perfect when it's done. It will drive me crazy if I spend all the time and money but a light is burn out in the cluster or radio and it will need new buttons installed on the steering wheel and stereo (anyone tried to use some kind of adhesive screen protector for an ipod cut to fit the buttons?).

It needs seats (front and back), LED conversion to dash/stereo, new buttons, a speaker cover on the back drivers side, brakes all around, new fuel lines, the engine will need to be redone (might as well while the truck is apart right?), headlights, tail lights (currently LED style but I love the originals), a new front bumper, hood, front passengerside fender, bowtie (working on that now), body/paint job, and of course a supercharger! Seems like a lot but it's really not that much. Might take me 3 years before I get the Silverado finished but when I open my garage I'll have a black 67 Chevelle SS (clone) beside a black 2003 Silverado SS. Aiming to have this done for my 31st birthday!

I was reading about guys selling their SS's for newer trucks. Keep both! New trucks don't feel like your connected to the engine, there's too much computer stuff betweeen you and the machine (the stabilitrak wont even let me drift my Sierra in the snow...) and I don't imagine guys are getting a whole lot for a 10 year old truck so trust me, just hang on to it! You will regret it!

post-25442-0-37549100-1372425987_thumb.jpg

post-25442-0-14240600-1372426005_thumb.jpg

post-25442-0-03731400-1372426091_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I was one of those guys that sold my SS for a newer truck. I still miss my SS. I hoping that Chevy will step up and offer a new SS once the new 2014 Silverado is out for a while. Then I'll have another decision to make! :):chevy: