New Laptop, Any suggestions???

MARTYW

Hey guys, I am about to pull the trigger on a new laptop. I think I am getting the Dell 17R special edition. Not a gamer, but want one with a good processor and plenty of memory. What do you guys have or suggest?

...................MacBook Pro. It will last for years, but is a bit pricey. I have owned alot of PC's, and while they are much cheaper, and run good, even a good virus scanner can't keep them running smooth. A year and a half or so I picked up a 27" iMac, and it works just as well as the day I got it. But you got to take into consideration im a Graphic Designer, and that is one of the tools of the trade. A GD that uses a PC is extremely rare lol

Another for Macbook Pro. Had mine 4 years now with out a single glitch. Bought a Sony Viao before and had to call tech support with-in the first 2 weeks cause so much stuff was running in the background that I couldn't even stream netflix. Returned that and been MAC ever since (have the iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook Pro)

Get a Macbook! Heck my g4 version still works better than some new pc's

Another for Macbook Pro. Had mine 4 years now with out a single glitch. Bought a Sony Viao before and had to call tech support with-in the first 2 weeks cause so much stuff was running in the background that I couldn't even stream netflix. Returned that and been MAC ever since (have the iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook Pro)

Tony, I guess I'm not the only one corrupting minds lol Custom PC's look cool, but give me a MAC any day. I am right now rocking an iPhone 4s, a iPad Mini, an AppleTV, and the iMac. They all talk to each other beautifully. I can't imagine trying to live under terrible PC conditions again.

had a Dell XPS for 5 years. thing never failed me id bring it to school everyday and always downloading movies / watching net flx. the only thing that went bad was the battery but thats normal for any windows based lap top. i still have my dell but its in retirement i have a HP that i got for a steal

17'

1 TB hard drive

AMD a6 dual core 2.7ghz

8 GB memory

What screws with pcs is the Internet. I bought an asus (not a computer guy but it was a mid range $700 computer) and I use it for tuning, my rc flight sim ( so the graphics are pretty good cause I know simulators are hard on a computer and I have all the stuff turned up in the sim) and as a reference for rc building so I do watch some YouTube and go to rc sites but I reserve all of the unfamiliar sites for my iPhone and I have had 0 issues with my computer. For what it's worth, I also have an OLD Mac book and the only reason I stopped using it is because the os is so out dated I couldn't even sync my Iphone and I am not spending $100+ on a ten+ year old laptop. My wife's is about 7 years old and the only issue we've had is the battery puffed which made the track pad button stick. New battery fixed It.

I definitely love apple products. I own everything except a Mac book, but if I got the Mac book I want, it would be like 2500 bucks. As fond of apple as I am, just can't spend that right now. I have an old gateway right now that I have had since college. It has had a couple viruses over the years, but has been a work horse. Biggest issue with it besides the slow speed and lack of storage space, one of the screen hinges broke, so the screen just hangs loose. I have an older HP laptop that was my ProE machine for a long time, but it is so outdated, it is not worth using either. That and it weighs about 10 lbs! Lol. I just mainly need a good stable pc where I can do my iTunes and store all of my pics and stuff. I actually am looking at machines better than I need, but I would rather get a better processor and larger hard drive so I don't have to worry about speed or running out of space. Better too much than not enough. Lol. The machine I have speced out is about a grand, and that's about all I am willing to spend right now. Of course I started out saying 500. Lol

im a pc hardware junkie. just my take but id stay away from dell/hp etc, use cheap parts. I have an ASUS for my laptop. they are a great motherboard manufacturer so i trust the stuff they put in there. ID recommend looking at newegg for one. i get all all my parts from them when i build pcs