MAF data bench-racing?

marc_w

Try to export the data to a common format like a CSV file. Then email that to me at: richard @ z71.net Email me a print screen of it as well.

I'd at least like to see Rpms, MAF Hz, MAF flow, Timing, Knock retard and any other PIDs you want to include.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sent the file this morning to ya. i did find the problem though causing this. for some odd reason the maf has been re-mapped on this truck and at 12000hz it's set for 480.91gms.

it's odd. i'm not positive, but i believe that's why it was hard to try to lean yours out. at first check the a/f ratio was 9.8:1-10.3:1. when you come back i'll try to change it and see if we can get you in the 11.7:1 area starting with that. i've personally never had to make a change in that area at this point. your maf is stock isn't it?

it's odd. i'm not positive, but i believe that's why it was hard to try to lean yours out. at first check the a/f ratio was 9.8:1-10.3:1. when you come back i'll try to change it and see if we can get you in the 11.7:1 area starting with that. i've personally never had to make a change in that area at this point. your maf is stock isn't it?

Yes it is stock. I think Brian made an adjustement to it because I was consistently throwing a maf code. " MAF out of performance range" or something like that.

the maf has been re-mapped on this truck and at 12000hz it's set for 480.91gms.

Mystery Solved. Basically, his truck thinks its flowing more air than it really is and means its also adding more fuel than it needs. For a stock MAF, set the entire table back to its original values.

Otherwise, it looks like he is just about to hit the 12000 limit at his peak airflow. This will go down as warmer weather set in.

"MAF out of performance range" or something like that.

There is setting you can change that raises the limit of this error. You certainly don't need to alter the MAF table. A similar error also may show up if the MAF is flowing too little air at idle (like its unhooked).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

since this is kinda the bench racing part of tuning...

the truck i was working on this weekend i logged a 4.907 0-60mph with a spinning launch. when it arrived i ran a log on it and found it to be running in the low octane table. the first log showed the 0-60mph run to be 6.266. the truck was actually there just for a shifting problem. i thought it needed some touching up...

since this is kinda the bench racing part of tuning...

the truck i was working on this weekend i logged a 4.907 0-60mph with a spinning launch. when it arrived i ran a log on it and found it to be running in the low octane table. the first log showed the 0-60mph run to be 6.266. the truck was actually there just for a shifting problem. i thought it needed some touching up...

And waht a fine job you did.......... :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

in process of tuning another truck. the customer left the truck with me after having the trans rebuilt under warrenty. the 0-60 run this morning was a 4.797 by the hptuners log. not bad considering the stock cat back is still in place. :crazy: it was a bit warm out, but still maxing the maf at 5800 and up. i will say it's taken me quite a few tunes to get the idle where it's acceptable. i have it idling almost stock again.

new 0-60 log time this morning. 4.625... :eek::D ... at this level the first ten feet or say get pretty wild. the log shows the tires spinning to 22 mph almost instantly then back to 11 mph once they catch. from there up it's just a point and shoot. on the return route home i ran it to 136. tuning is almost done. :D

Archived