Upgrade ideas

ssfast

Since you already have a tune. I'd go with OBX Lt's (the catless ones) and install them yourself, save some $$$. You'll still have enough for new header gaskets, corvette 2nd servo and billet 4th. Boom there's 7hundy

This is good advise. I'd reuse your stock exhaust manifold gaskets, can't find any better than them.

This is good advise. I'd reuse your stock exhaust manifold gaskets, can't find any better than them.

Are the stock manifold gaskets really the best? I was wondering about this recently because I'm planning on LT headers for my SS soon too.

Also my 03 Yukon XL sounds like a diesel when you first start it, until the manifold gaskets heat up and expand a little. I kinda get a kick out of it, but if I changed them out, stock is good?

I put my stock 03 gaskets back on with my pacesetters in sept of 06 never an issue. Still on right now so I'd say there pretty good. That's my advise. I'm so glad I didn't use other ones. I remember back in 06 guys were using all kinds and having probs. A guy back then on here told me to reuse them and he was right.

I replace the gaskets with GM exhaust manifold gaskets every time I have to pull the headers. They are a multilayer CRUSH gasket. They are ONE TIME use only, just like a head gasket. I'm not saying they won't work if reused, I'm not trying to discredit anyone. Just throwing my mechanical knowledge out there. The next time I pull my headers I will be switching to a carbon wool gasket and I'll let you know how it turns out. GM stuff is stupid expensive here in Canada. $25 per manifold gasket.

Thanks guys really appreciate all the advise every thing helps I hope one day ill have all the goodies on my truck!

I replace the gaskets with GM exhaust manifold gaskets every time I have to pull the headers. They are a multilayer CRUSH gasket. They are ONE TIME use only, just like a head gasket. I'm not saying they won't work if reused, I'm not trying to discredit anyone. Just throwing my mechanical knowledge out there. The next time I pull my headers I will be switching to a carbon wool gasket and I'll let you know how it turns out. GM stuff is stupid expensive here in Canada. $25 per manifold gasket.

That's good advise using the stock ones small price to pay to stop having to take it all apart again for an exhaust leak!

You can do the cooler install for under 200.00 for top of the line stuff.

PM "Time2kill" for his CNC brackets and install kit for the Tru-Cool 47391 cooler. You will have just under 200 in it and you wont find a better solution unless you want to do AN lines which are not needed at all.

As for the extra 700.00 dollars I would do a converter over headers any day. Headers I suggest only ARH for the simple fact that they fit and are the nicest quality headers on the market.

For converters I sell and use only TCS out of Lake Havasu AZ. Another quality converter is Circle D out of Houston TX.

TCS is a great converter! Or another I highly recommend is Edge. Both Rusty and Andre build a great converter.

I use Edge for my daily and my pass race/daily truck. TCS takes care of the converter for my race truck now. Have used Circle D also but have mixed feelings on there converters.

OEM exhaust gaskets are the best. They are reusable. I have used the same set with my headers on and off a dozen times with no issues at all. The carbon wool gaskets are terrible. I tried them out when I first got my headers and they leaked bad. After 50mi on them they fell apart. I might still have them for show and tell. I think they were the Percys gaskets.

Anyways like mentioned earlier a converter and cooler are more beneficial than headers.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2