Upgrade ideas

ssfast

I am looking for some expert advice?

aka you guys know best.

I am making a trade for some extra wheels i have for some goodies for my truck i have a corsa & a Sway bar kit on the list

but have about $700 bucks more to work with in the deal you guys got any ideas i dont wanna go to deep in modding the truck.

any input will be helpful.

Thanks guys

Edited by ssfast (see edit history)

What's all involved building custom lines fabricating a bracket? what's the best brand of cooler to put on? How much cooler would it run as well! A converter and stall would be nice not really wanting to go to in depth but that seems like there isn't much I can mod with out going deep!

I bought a perma cool trans cooler with a 1200 CFM fan, braided line and fittings for less than $700. Thats the easiest way to do it and by doing the install yourself you save alot of money. No bracket has to be made if you dont want, I used the plastic zip thru deals that came with my cooler and it works perfectly. you should have money left over to buy a aftermarket trans temp gauge.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

You could get OBX LT's, the install would put you over the $700 limit though. Add a 180 t-stat (Lingenfelter {my personal choice} or SLP have good thermo's) and you'll see some nice gains Im guessing right around 400hp. Not too modded, but a nice new tone to the truck and the headers are bolt-up.

What sway bars are you getting? DJM sways will not work with the Corsa exhaust, just want to let you know in case that was your plan.

I am the same way, I do not want a highly modded truck. I have decided on LT's (ARH or OBX), 180 Lingenfelter thermo, Volant ram cai with AEM dry filter, Belltech sways and possible leafs for static drop, Corsa Sport (or another exhaust that may be produced in the future, company is swamped now).

Happy modding :chevy:

You could get OBX LT's, the install would put you over the $700 limit though. Add a 180 t-stat (Lingenfelter {my personal choice} or SLP have good thermo's) and you'll see some nice gains Im guessing right around 400hp. Not too modded, but a nice new tone to the truck and the headers are bolt-up.

What sway bars are you getting? DJM sways will not work with the Corsa exhaust, just want to let you know in case that was your plan.

I am the same way, I do not want a highly modded truck. I have decided on LT's (ARH or OBX), 180 Lingenfelter thermo, Volant ram cai with AEM dry filter, Belltech sways and possible leafs for static drop, Corsa Sport (or another exhaust that may be produced in the future, company is swamped now).

Happy modding :chevy:

Hey Yeah been toying with the ideas of doing long tubes i asked a few exhaust shops around my area for a quote so waiting to find out then there's the great debate with what brand i hear to go with ARH but with a corsa it can make it a bit loud. I am not sure what to do just trying to weigh some options.

I have done my research and knew that the DJM dosent work with that i have my eye on the hotchkis setup i know it works with a corsa because a buddy has that setup.

I have though of doing a thermostat well see what everything cost and do as much as possible with out going to far.

Edited by ssfast (see edit history)