Going to the track 9/8

Black6spdz

Have not been able to make it to the track this year but will finally be going weather permitting. Hoping to make a 10sec pass with my stock lq9. The truck has been a best of 11.70 last year but makes much more power and has had many changes for the better this year.

The truck went 11.7 at 117mph with just a KB racing turbo set up and about 13psi, 80e and circle d converter, the truck now has a tick turbo cam, 4.5" core intercooler instead of the 3" ebay, exhaust cut out at the down pipe and will be on about 17-18psi and race gas.

I made it to the track but just missed my goal truck went a best of 11.08 on 3 different passes and 11.09 on one other. The track was good I had a best of 1.64 60ft and it trapped 125 all day. I ran into some traction issues and could not make anymore boost due to the spring in the wastegate and the way my controller is hooked up. This was on factory 20" wheels as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats awsome man! These lq9s are tuff engines if you keep the iats down you should be able to work your way up to 22psi. Also a billet wheel race cover s475 will also help keep the iats down a bit, then run the large 92mm ex wheel.

Edited by Jake99 (see edit history)

Hoping to go to the track this sunday to get in the 10s, I fixed a wastegate problem and also will have my boost controller different so i can make more boost if needed.

Good luck, keep us updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had a track day that did not get rained out. The truck ran well and cut a 1.61 60ft on its street boost setting. I was unable to duplicate that but the truck made a few 11.0 passes and finally ended the day with a 10.9 on a factory engine other than a cam.