Getting caught spending/racing

bassmaster

Being factory performance trucks, we tend to have fun with the trucks and it seems that many other people try to race us. I'm curious to if you ever get caught just going fast here and there, or even caught racing often? If so, do you continue to?

I ask because I have been driving my ss for 1 month now. Within the first week an acura tl raced me and it was awesome. But 2 weeks ago I got pulled over on the Parkway, ended up with a 91 in a 55 (usually 65, but just changed down), and careless driving. I shit a brick since many told me that's 5+ points and most likely suspended license. Well had court today and with the help of a connection, awesome prosecutor, and extremely nice judge, I ended up with 0pts and ONLY a reduced $54 ticket for careless.

Lucked out BIG time, being that I'm still 20 and under parents insurance. But i feel like that was my big break, and it won't ever happen again.. so now I'm scared to speed and especially race (which seemed like so much fun) lol

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

Well I can tell you I learned my lesson a long time ago the more stupid stuff you do the less money you have for your rides. Racing is fun and so is going really fast but its not worth it in the streets. Yeah you develop a heavy foot with the sss I am not going to lie I drive it like i stole it but no racing. Haven't ever had a racing ticket or speeding ticket just really careful when and where.

I've raced lots of people on the street and it's fun but there is a time and place for everything. Mostly now I just save it for the track. I haven't ever been pulled over for it but the more you do it your bound to get caught. You did luck out so I'd take that and learn from it. And yes you or I have developed a heavy foot also.

Well I can tell you I learned my lesson a long time ago the more stupid stuff you do the less money you have for your rides. Racing is fun and so is going really fast but its not worth it in the streets. Yeah you develop a heavy foot with the sss I am not going to lie I drive it like i stole it but no racing. Haven't ever had a racing ticket or speeding ticket just really careful when and where.

Your brother drives it like he stole it too lol

Wordd, this is a close enough call for me to learn the lesson. I just see so many threads here of everyone's 'kills' and now it has me wondering, have they gotten caught, or are they afraid of getting caught?

Also, the 91 sounds bad.. But traffic goes 80-85, and as I went to pass someone there was a cop around the bend. It's not like I was flying by em like they're in reverse lol

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

I've been popped twice for racing, I have 2 speeding tickets on my record and a EXTREMLLY long list of moving violations I've been driving since 16 I'm 24 now and have had my license suspended 5 times, that don't stop me. From racing people/ drive like I stole it, don't mind my 25+ tint tickets cause tint is illegal in Iowa, but that don't stop me from tinting every vehicle I owned.... In my opinion which ik people are gunna say its smart but you only live once so drive fast n look good doing it and f***k the popo who have nothing better to do. But I've only gotten 1 ticket in the last 2yrs and was for tint so been awhile

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

I've been popped twice for racing, I have 2 speeding tickets on my record and a EXTREMLLY long list of moving violations I've been driving since 16 I'm 24 now and have had my license suspended 5 times, that don't stop me. From racing people/ drive like I stole it, don't mind my 25+ tint tickets cause tint is illegal in Iowa, but that don't stop me from tinting every vehicle I owned.... In my opinion which ik people are gunna say its smart but you only live once so drive fast n look good doing it and f***k the popo who have nothing better to do

All that money in tickets could've at least made your truck a 13.5 second truck!

I only been pulled over once for speeding. I had just got the truck(had it for 2 months) and got hit with speeding, no registration, no proof of insurance, warning on exhaust(headers :] ), and something else. Lady at the court waived almost everything except speeding and my fine was just over $400. And traffic school $30 so no points :). That being said I still drive it like I stole it but there has been some close encounters, for example there has been a few times when I switch lanes and it clear and just as I'm about to gun it i see 5-0 and just smile as I drive by.

That was prolly the same Statey I jumped out in front of on the parkway goin in to work the other day I was doin almost 90 in front of him and he zipped past me, whew. Ive been to court more times than the judge in the last 12 years. Gettin off with a $50 fine and no points is a huge win for 30+ over. When I went for the air force they used my driving abstract as a lesson to future recruits, they told me 1 more violation and they couldnt take me, I highly doubted that.

when I got the SS back in 2006 within the first year I got 7 tickets in it. most of them speeding. I even got a reckless and a careless driving in it. on the last ticket I got in it the Judge told me if he sees me back I would loose my license and get a very big fine. that was 6 years ago and have not got a ticket in it soon. I learned fast and stopped driving that way. I have had my fair share of tickets.

I had my license revoked for a little over 2 years for racing and speeding along with reckless driving. Cost me about what a new car sells for to get my license back and havent raced since. Its not worth risking killing someone, and never having a license.