2 pops from underneath and now truck won't go very fast?

aerosys

Hi, I was pulling off from my driveway and went to drive off from a still and heard two pops. After that, the truck would barely go. Seems like the more I push the peddle down, the more it bogs down and goes slower. Also, when idling, the truck vibrates pretty heavily. Check engine light is on. Any help is appreciated. I also just got it today, but I drove it 3 hours back perfectly fine. Guy even told me to "step on it" when I test drove it and it did fine. Sucked me to the seat and hauled ass. so I don't think it was "bandaged." and just sold to me. It was a "as is" bill of sale so as far as warranty, there isn't one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

If your converter bolt came off it would cause a huge vibration issue, not performance. Ticking could be injector pulse or arcing from the plug wires. The easiest way to check arcing is to start the truck, pop the hood and grab a spray bottle. Spray the wires in a dimly lit area and watch for arcing.

If a cat is clogged it will most likely glow red and smell horrible. I would do one thing at a time and not think its the cat or cats. A random mis fire code can mean alot of different things. Plugs, wires, maf, TB, cats, O2's. etc. The list goes on and on.