2 pops from underneath and now truck won't go very fast?

aerosys

Here's videos of the tapping. And as soon as I can, I'll see the cat temps and post them. (excuse the guy in boxers. Haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E74MDOQSWwk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9qb5EMgrrQ

Edited by aerosys (see edit history)

I can't hear anything just a blank post over hear also my drain plug has a magnet built in yours should to good old oil change and agree cut the oil filter and check it out couldn't hurt

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

:tear: That hurts my ears...... That doesnt sound like just ticking, thats pounding knock... I would not run it at all... Maybe if you're lucky you can drop the oil pan and save the crank and rod and it be just a rod bearing going out that you can replace from the bottom :fingersx: ... But that sounds ugly and it may be too late...

I dunno... that sounds really bad. Not one for jumping to conclusions, but it sounds like rod knock. :( Keep us posted. Hoping for the best. Seems coincidental that this happened right after you bought the truck, but that might be my legal background talking.

Just seems a little fishy that the knock just started right after you bought it. I remember years back my parents bought a car and developed rod knock the next day. Turns out the person before them put saw dust in the oil to quiet the motor down so they could sell it.

Guys, this was my truck that I sold this past weekend. This truck has had Mobile 1 full synthetic since i've owed it, and the high capicity mobile 1 filter. Plugs and wires have about 8-10k miles on them, all OEM AC Delco parts. I've not had any trouble with it at all other that the A\C working intermittenly that last couple of months since it had been in storage instead of being driven every day. My dad is a mechanic and has made sure i've kept this truck is good condition as it's stayed in his warehouse full of toys. I drove the truck about 150 miles to meet the new owner down I-75 running 75-80 mph and didn't have any issues with it at all. I also drive it about 175-200 miles round trip a couple weeks ago with no issues. The truck has alittle over 215k miles on it and I had owned it since 202k miles with zero issues other than the A\C. The new owner is supposed to be taking it to a shop today to get it diagnosed and I told him to let me know what's going on with it and i'd see what I could do to help him out.

Edited by Sneakystiffler21 (see edit history)