2 pops from underneath and now truck won't go very fast?

aerosys

I spoke to Cameron (the op) this morning, he had it checked out yesterday and it was just a clogged cat. He had it replaced and he says it idles smooth as glass now and has plenty of power. I split the bill with him since it was only $245, You guys take care of him on the boards.

I spoke to Cameron (the op) this morning, he had it checked out yesterday and it was just a clogged cat. He had it replaced and he says it idles smooth as glass now and has plenty of power. I split the bill with him since it was only $245, You guys take care of him on the boards.

Awesome glad it worked out for both of you guys and that it was nothing serious.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Awesome glad it worked out for both of you guys and that it was nothing serious.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, definitely couldn't have made a better deal from an even greater seller. Has done nothing but helped me tremendously since I have first called him about buying the truck. Since the cat swap, the engine light has went off, and the truck runs like a charm. Couldn't ask for a smoother running truck. Still can't believe it has the miles that it does. Has definitely been taken care of.

Mine sounded the same way went to ten different guys everyone said coils then after finding the only LS motor guy 2 towns away same thing 5 seconds under the truck and it was the cat so he hollowed out both cats and tuned it and let me tell you hitting second gear was never the same again glad your back in action were all SS should be

That's fantastic news. I had no idea the prior owner was an upstanding member here on the forums. Talk about a great way to handle it. Kudos to the seller to help split the cost on the cat. Really glad it was just a bad cat. In my limited mechanical experience, I've never heard one get that loud. Definitely take that over something more expensive.

Enjoy the truck! Sounds like it was well cared for. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Learn something every day. I'd have never guessed cat after listening to the video.

Great to hear that it turned out this way for both you guy's.

The clogged cat was putting excessive back pressure on the system. the sound is not uncommon when the cats are bad. This needs to be fixed ASAP or you run a

substantial risk of damaging the wrist pins and main bearings. ( your engine could blow up )